New Kid

Hey welcome to the site. Have you looked at the SS S-10's? My son is 16 and that is what we got him. Nice little truck. They only made them from 1994 to 1998. You should be able to pick one of these up for less then $7000. They have the HO V-6. I know it is not a V8, but may save you on gas right now. Just a thought.

I had a 94 gmc sonoma with the 4.3l V-6. I miss that little thing. It really moved for something that small. I have seen several s-10's with ls1 in the if you really want a V-8. That would be one hell of a sleeper.

well i start drivers license stuff at 15 and actually im 14 rite now but my b days is in like 2 weeks so i like to say im 15 haha and i i drive to work about 6 miles there but this is a small town in the country if we lived in a city i would not be allowed to drive to work. i have gotten pulled over once because i was going 48 in a 45 and the sign that said 45 was about 200 yards behind me from where i got pulled over it dropped from 55 so i thought it was pretty cruddy of him to do that but i had to call my mom and tell her what happen and went striaght home.

Mr.P i have read a lotta stories and stuff about the differences in those pickups like how people turn traction control off when they are street racing can you explain what that is i am thinking its jus on the 05-06 models

Sorry to not keep up with your reply.

Traction control in 2WD trucks is extra programming that retards ignition timing and/or closes the throttle to weaken the motor when the computer believes there is wheelspin; AWD trucks do not have traction control logic.

Mr. P. :)