What Do You Guys Think About The New Supercharger For The 5.7l Tundras

xbit_11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Showtime I'm with u bro, xbit_11 is just a troll who has nothing better to do than try to create problems on the forum. I got respect for socaliallstar82 because he actually post stuff and talks about trucks and he has respect for out trucks and I got respect for his truck, nice Lightning Showtime I really like that black color on the Lightning trucks.

Edited by huero626 (see edit history)

Yeah Showtime I'm with u bro, xbit_11 is just a troll who has nothing better to do than try to create problems on the forum. I got respect for socaliallstar82 because he actually post stuff and talks about trucks and he has respect for out trucks and I got respect for his truck, nice Lightning Showtime I really like that black color on the Lightning trucks.

I think socaliallstar82 if a cool guy too. Like me, he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and is here to shoot the shit and supply information about our trucks when asked. I think having a quick truck is cool, no matter what make it is.

I kind of figured xbit-11 was a troll when he first posted here and only replied to this topic when he was told to go to the F-150 forum. I don't know why people think they have to convince everybody that their choice of truck is the best. We already know that the truck we're driving is the best! :cheers:

I think socaliallstar82 if a cool guy too. Like me, he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and is here to shoot the shit and supply information about our trucks when asked. I think having a quick truck is cool, no matter what make it is.

I kind of figured xbit-11 was a troll when he first posted here and only replied to this topic when he was told to go to the F-150 forum. I don't know why people think they have to convince everybody that their choice of truck is the best. We already know that the truck we're driving is the best! :cheers:

lol, omg you guys...so much love..lol, your all kick ass fellas too. Just feels like i fit in more here regardless of what truck i drive. Not too many people get the whole "making a truck go fast thing". And i absolutely hate the guys that say trucks arent for racing. "Wanna go fast, buy a car". Well I love knowing that 90% of the time when im at a light i can smoke the guy next to me, car or not. Im sure for some of you its more like 95-99% of the time.

• 2 months later...
Looks fast sounds good! However, you still wouldn't catch me driving an ugly truck :chevy:

lol, too funny. :pop:

I traded my 06 Tundra rc v-8 for my 03 SSS in december, and here's what I noticed.

1. The Tundra had 3.92's the SS has 4.10's

2. The Tundra had a 5-speed auto to the SS' 4-speed

3. My Tundra was regular cab and 2wd at maybe 4000 lbs. The ss is extended cab and awd at around 5500 lbs.

4. The Tundra had a 4.7 v-8 compared to my 6.0

5. Toyota has always boasted reliability and efficiency.

AND I GET 4 MPG BETTER IN THE SS on the freeway AND in town????

I have NOT regretted trading mine, and WILL keep my SS for good.

More power to you for wanting to upgrade yours, but I will stick with GM from now on. The aftermarket for tundras is almost nonexistant, which I had to learn the hard way.

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

Damn i love the way the lightnings look i dont know what it is about em! After looking at that sig of the lightning i think i need a new pair of boxers now if you get my drift lol. I'm not a big fan of the toiletas but when theres a kick ass good guy behind the wheel of a truck who you can chill with kick back have a few cold ones and talk about anykind of truck racing is cool by me. And the other guy who started this go kick rocks.

I understand this forum is biased and I also understand the Tundra doesn't have the aftermarket like the SS (the exact reason I own an SS) but anyone that thinks the 5.7 Tundra is crap hasn't been around one. I have a buddy with a 5.7 DC BONE STOCK pulling 14.3s and he just called me the other day after pulling a 14.29 at 96mph and the only mod he has is Cherry Bomb mufflers in place of the stock trashcan.

I've read of stock RCSBs hitting 13.9s and I'd say with a SC putting down over 500rwhp (dynoed) they'd be in the mid 12's with slicks. They carry either a 4.30 or 4.10 rear (depending on model) with a perfectly geared 6 speed. I wouldn't be too eager to put money on the line against a Tundra 5.7 with anything less than full boltons and I'd still say it would be really close.

Oh and on the delivery slip from my truck with no fuel it weighted 5178lbs. The Tundra DC is right with that and it's a bigger truck overall.

Edited by ss454327 (see edit history)

:flag: thats all i have to say !

ok ok one more thing.. theres a difference from canada...to japan.... i dont recall canada ever bombin the USA!! call me crazy.. but u will never find my ass in anything but :flag: i guess its just something i call pride !!

ok back to the topic..haha

damn right screw the jap trucks paint a japanese zero on the side then bomb the crap out of them.

BTW you spelled tundra wrong the correct spelling is TURDRA btw bring your blower im not scared

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

Hate the tundra, but I imagine it's stout with the SC. Saw this vid of a Full bolt on 5.3 vs a tundra with exhaust, it was all the 5.3 could do to hold him off and only because he got the jump and then ran out of road, haha.

My Truck "Se habla espanyol" :)

But she's from a company that helped make this country great and her people prosper :)

Do y'all ever look at a Tundra and find yourself wanting one.............. I do sometimes and I know it's not because I like the truck, I don't. I think it's kind of a forbidden fruit you know something that I know I don't want or can't have so I want it........................ I think i through up a little in my mouth :)

Chase you finally got a built motor run on that beast?!? Why haven't you posted with the 10's yet?

I'd like to see what happens against a 10' ought to be fun 5 flat for us or there boughts, but we sure do know how to feed our trucks at dodge............. My truck stayed alittle to long at McDonalds............6000 with me in it :)

I don't understand why people are still blabbing about the Toyota tundra being an imported truck. The truck and parts are all produced and made in America. The only thing Japanese about the tundra is the company name.

The LOOKS of a Tundra scream "import" to me.

I'm not a fan of Toyota Tundra looks, the trucks aren't terribly slow, but they aren't terribly quick either. Just not a real exciting package, for me at least.

:pepsicheer: