Painted Engine Covers

Looks Great Kim!

I cleaned mine up real good then I also used Fusion followed by a clear coat. I loved the way they turned out. The funny part is that right after I painted mine, even before I re-installed them I picked up my sponsorship from Magna Charger so I never even installed the covers. Oh well, I think it looks even better now.

radixps2.jpg

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I know its old, but here you go anyway. All I did was go to Walmart and got some Krylon paint and did it myself. It turned out pretty well. You have to clean the cover very good or the paint will not stick. I cleaned it real good with Dawn liquid soap, and then used rubbing alcohol. You can either mask off the letters or paint over them. I chose to paint over them with silver. The Krylon paint "Banner Red" was the closest color I could find to the truck in a spray can. Krylon also has a great wide spray nozzel on the can, but only the red has it for some reason. I wish the clear would have had the wide nozzel too. I used these three cans to do it with. The white primer filled the textured surface on the cover (two good coats). I only used two coats of red two. Then I used about 4 coats of the clear to get the high luster. I think it turned out pretty well, and it's holding up to the Las Vegas pretty good too. I took the plastic valve covers off, so the motor would breathe better. Here's some pics.

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01759.jpg