Had A Oh F&ck What Did I Break Moment Today

04CHASE

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/04chase/IMAGE_029.jpg[/img]i know almost all of you have had this, well today after picking up the truck from the interior shop im heading home and exit the 91 freeway. come to a stop a thought the road got real bumpy but looked flat . so i was like wtf is going on here so i let off the brake and the truck doesent move i giv eit gas and it wants to move but doesent. so i get out and walk arounf the truck and at first glance everything looks ok . wheels arent loose so light turns green and i cant just sit in the middle of traffic since it was rush hour. so i make it get across the interesction where i can some safely pull over. i dont have any cones since i had to park on the other side of the intersection where people come into that land hauling ass so i find the largest object in the back of my truck that people will aviod. lol a 5 gallon methanol can.

it worked fairly well.

anyhow i get to inspecting and find my front caliper bolt came out and got bound up between the wheel and the other bolt. so i back the one off , back the truck up a bit to get it unbound , call gmracer ( aka shannon since he is about 5 miles away working and has four bolts in stock) and he was so nice he hoped in the parts truck and brought me the bolt . talk about luck i got home just fine and am good to go , just a littil cut on the insie of my wheel. but i thought something really bad had happened. and another reason why i have a tool set on my truck at all times

lol here if this is for shits and giggles

IMAGE_029.jpg

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

damn Chase it wasnt anything big, lol good thing Shannon wasnt to far huh?? he was probably dickin around at the dealer pretending to work anyway :D . Shannon is a relly cool guy tho and im not surprised he helped with question.

-Rob

Glad to hear everything is OK.

FYI, what I did was picked up an emergency road kit from Wal-Mart for about 20.00 if memory serves me correctly. It included 2 foldable ornage reflective triangles and a couple flairs and comes in a handy little pouch. I have used the triangles more than once for other people when they were disabled but not ever for me, knock on wood.

Flares are ok, but we've been called out to several grass fires caused by flares being used incorrectly. Around here, you can easily call for law enforcement or fire/rescue, and they'll be glad to come out and assist with traffic warning. It's a service call, and we rather see it done correctly, and safely, and everyone goes home in one piece. (our 48,000lbs engine beats a 5 gallon can, lol)

Anyway, glad it was nothing to serious. Didn't you just get brand new wheels!?