Tac Module

freeman

U type codes are comunication line codes. (network problem) Not part related.

P is powertrain fyi.

I wouldnt pay the repair Bill, and ALWAYS ask to save old parts. You are paying a profesional to properly diagnose and repair your truck. that is the service you should get. Anyone can guess and throw parts. thats not what you signed up for. If it is a broken wire, proper diagnosis , (following flow chart) would Identified that right away.

Check ETC fuse, sound like a bad wire in the TAC wiring, and that would cause the serial data line code (u107)

FYI, warrenty labor on TAC, is .2 hrs and up to .3 on diag.

throttle body is 1.0, add .2 for 3 peice engine cover.

Good Luck, sorry to hear your troubles.

~Danny

the for the info danny, I went there this morning and they gave me the run around saying they've fixed some of the problems but not all, and the guy I talked to wasnt sure what all was done so I didnt find much out.

the for the info danny, I went there this morning and they gave me the run around saying they've fixed some of the problems but not all, and the guy I talked to wasnt sure what all was done so I didnt find much out.

I think you're at the point where you should ask to speak with the service manager. You should be given all of the information, not a run around. It's YOUR truck. Don't let them continue to do that to you. Good luck.

I think you're at the point where you should ask to speak with the service manager. You should be given all of the information, not a run around. It's YOUR truck. Don't let them continue to do that to you. Good luck.

:withstupid: agreed, seems to me like they are starting to give you the run-around because they really do not know exactly what is wrong, now they are grasping at straws........

if you ok'd that i feel ba dfor you

the amount of labor involved is honestly less than 30 minutes

and i can get the parts for about 200-300 max

you can find some one selling an old tac that upgraded to the 90mm on pt.net and imo id bet your tb is fine. they are not known for going bad , only if they are improperly ported. , but those to you can find on the net for under 100 bucks.

Chase is 100% correct, $900 is BS.

talked to the service manager yesterday morning, made him aware of the situation and explained that that truck is my DD and I have no other transportation right now, and they wont give me a loaner car to drive, and Ive missed work because I had no ride. He went back and tried to figure something out but told me theyre really stumped and cant figure out whats the problem and that theyve replaced numerous parts and none have done the trick and when they run the diagnostics on it it doesnt show a problem but when they drive it it still flashes "reduce engine power" then disengages the throttle like what was happening to me.

then this morning i talked to him again and they still have no clue and had nothing new to tell me and apologized about it. So I contacted the general manager of the dealership and told him and I asked for the area rep's number, which he didnt give me but said he would contact him himself and get him to come out and help. So Ill give them until monday until I start making more calls. Hopefully I can get some sort of closure on this.

Edited by freeman (see edit history)

Chase is 100% correct, $900 is BS.
:withstupid: Total BS. The throttle body, and TAC module are about $500 for both at GM list, and there ain't nowhere near $400 worth of labor. I agree with the concensus. The person working on it doesn't know what there doing.