Meet Up In Il ?

Looks like the 27th at GLD works for many so Zippy and I will be there.

I'll let Zippy know and we'll see what days he can get off work before

then. Maybe we can come in to town a day or 2 before to meet up with a few

ppl and maybe a little early tuning.

We're also hoping to be in Indiana at the upcoming Indiana GTG for anyone that's coming to that. If they schedule it for Sept. 13th we'll be there. :thumbs:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's very busy for the real street drags, Zippy and I went there last year for one.

I guess we're set on the 28 then. When we get closer to that date, I'll have Zippy let everyone know when we'll be coming down there. Not sure where we'll stay yet, but I'll figure that out soon.

If anyone needs a tune let me know so we can be down there early enough to get it done.

I know it's very busy for the real street drags, Zippy and I went there last year for one.

I guess we're set on the 28 then. When we get closer to that date, I'll have Zippy let everyone know when we'll be coming down there. Not sure where we'll stay yet, but I'll figure that out soon.

If anyone needs a tune let me know so we can be down there early enough to get it done.

I know I'll need a tune, it might be extensive tuning with the new converter and lock up settings. Also slightly higher compression, new lifters, push rods, and rockers, lower 160 t-stat, electric water pump and electric fans. Are you guys going to be in town earlier, maybe i could meet up with you before the track to get a start on it?

Thanks!

Brad

This may be a stupid question about tunes but humor me if you will. I've got an '05 AWD with absolutely no Mods but I know there are tunes to liven this beast up a bit. What are my options and what kind of $$$ am I looking at?

Sorry Im new to the whole PCM world.

Edited by Bishop (see edit history)

This may be a stupid question about tunes but humor me if you will. I've got an '05 AWD with absolutely no Mods but I know there are tunes to liven this beast up a bit. What are my options and what kind of $$$ am I looking at?

Sorry Im new to the whole PCM world.

the only stupid question is a question not asked, so don't worry about looking dumb on here i do it all the time.

With only a CAI on my truck i gained .5 in the quarter with a Zippy tune and pcmforlese tune. I have since gotten all my tunes from Zippy or Frank who Zippy works with a lot, they are the best if you ask me. They've spent a lot of time on my truck and are the reason it runs as good as is does. At this time i don't think Frank is taking new customers but that might have changed. Ask Zippy, but i think he charges 200 for the first tune and like 60 for updates he has to load but free if you have the software to load them yourself(he emails you the tune and you load it to the pcm). Not sure any more on what pcmforless charges but they are an option as well. I hope i don't spell this wrong but wheatley is another top notch tuner as well, he is also on this board from time to time. With no mods you'll still be VERY happy with a tune, it turns her into a whole new truck.

Brad

just found zippy's site the prices are there

http://zippyperformance.com/index.html

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

the only stupid question is a question not asked, so don't worry about looking dumb on here i do it all the time.

With only a CAI on my truck i gained .5 in the quarter with a Zippy tune and pcmforlese tune. I have since gotten all my tunes from Zippy, he is the man if you ask me. He's spent a lot of time on my truck and is the reason it runs as good as is does. Ask him, but i think he charges 200 for the first tune and like 60 for updates he has to load but free if you have the software to load them yourself(he emails you the tune and you load it to the pcm). Not sure any more on what pcmforless charges but they are an option as well. I hope i don't spell this wrong but wheatley is another top notch tuner as well, he is also on this board from time to time. With no mods you'll still be VERY happy with a tune, i turns her into a whole new truck.

Brad

Good looking out Brad. I went to Zippy's site earlier to gain some info too. I may have to hold off on a tune for now but at least I know what Im looking at.

is there time for some baseline passes, then have a tune done? I wanna see the truck dip out of the 15.0's and 15.1's, and stay in the high 14's. Need to purchase some long tube headers, and new exhaust, come on October Bonus.....

I'd like to try that again someday. There is alot to be gained for sure.

hey guys just posting to see if anything has changed. Still meeting at GLD sunday the 28th? who's all coming? I'm still trying to get my truck done, heads are back on and i talked to yella terra about push rod lengths and got those ordered. With any luck i'll fire her up this sunday and drive it the rest of the week to make sure there are no problems and everything is broke in for racing.

Zippy have you figured out when you will be in town? I think i talked a guy at work into getting his 04 5.3 tuned by you at the track to, but i'll see if he changes his mind before then.

Is anybody else coming to town early, is anybody getting a hotel? just wondering

Brad