Is This Cam To Big For Our Engines?

I'm thinking about putting a cam in my truck pretty soon, and just figured I'd get some opinions first. :help: My friend had the same cam in a 05 GTO so idk if it would be good for me or not. It is a HPE (Horsepower Engineering) C-CAM, 236/238 duration, .601/.605 at .050 lift, 112 LSA. He says he bought a cam kit that came with 7.400 pushrods by Trickflow, triple valve springs with keepers and retainers by Patriot Performance, a new crank pulley/ bolt/ and belt. With a set of LT headers and a CAI would this setup be possible?! Help! :confused:

imo with a loose stall and those other mods your truck will definately haul ass though. mill the heads a but to up the cr to 10.5-11.0 to 1 ud pulley and supporting intake/exhaust mods and youd run some good times for sure.

I like it a lot :thumbs: . I have a 3400 9.5 stall. Drives great around town but on the freeway it sucks in D no power to chug along at lower RPMS. So unless I do 75 I finfd my self in 3rd doing 65. But the pay off is the big hit of power you get over 3500 rpms all the way to my 6800rpm shift point. My cam 233/239 .605 .600 112LSA in a 9.26CR 408. It has a mean lope at idle also. I would consider this cam very very streetable.

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

Thanks alot guys! I appreciate the tips! As for now I don't have much done. Just a set of 13" Magnaflows, a K&N drop in filter, and a Hypertech programmer (BOO!) :thumbsdown: But when I do something, I plan on all or nothing! Plus I just love the sound of a big cam! lol! Oh yeah and I did think about a converter/ shift kit & servos. Do you really think I'll need new rockers to run that cam?

• 3 months later...
I'm thinking about putting a cam in my truck pretty soon, and just figured I'd get some opinions first. :help: My friend had the same cam in a 05 GTO so idk if it would be good for me or not. It is a HPE (Horsepower Engineering) C-CAM, 236/238 duration, .601/.605 at .050 lift, 112 LSA. He says he bought a cam kit that came with 7.400 pushrods by Trickflow, triple valve springs with keepers and retainers by Patriot Performance, a new crank pulley/ bolt/ and belt. With a set of LT headers and a CAI would this setup be possible?! Help! :confused:

if you had or have supporting heads that are high flowing like l92s stage 2's like mine, 11:1 cr and a 4k stall , that bi_tch would hall azz, i am already talking to patrick G about another spected cam for my setup which i have a 232/238 cam, and it kicks azz.you'll loose some driveabilty but fawk it lol.. on another note my lift is also higher than that but not by much.

this cam foresale? if so pm me. might be interested.

With a cam that big advancing it isn't going to fix it. The difference in advancing or retarding a cam is fairly minor. Just buy enough stall to work with the cam or get a different cam.

o ok.

thanks zippy.

u seen the new comp cams lsr cam for l92 setups?

i have a vid posted