1-2 Shift?

Some of you may now that I recently added a TBTC and Zippy shift kit. Since I first got my SS out of the shop it would shift nice and smooth, almost as smooth as stock, and very firm under 3/4 to full throttle. Well today the 1-2 shift started to shift firm under light load and the remaining shifts were still smooth. Any ideas as to what is causing my SS to shift this way? It wouldn't be the PCM, could it? My tuner claims he reset the line press back to stock values and disabled all the torque managemnt.

My tranny guy says that theres not much that could cause this, he's thinking the accumaltor spring snapped or something like that...make sense?

I've had two tranny leaks, a outside temp switch broke/missing, a exhaust vibration, and now this since the install :confused: Not my luck, so far my tranny guy has fixed everything and keeps apoligizing for me having to come back and gets me in the shop immediatley. I appreciate his willingness to correct the problems but this is getting old. Sorry for the rant, I needed to unload...Im going to kick the cat next :cheers:

Your new parts probably just needed time to break in a bit, mine was the same way.....now my 1-2 shift will chirp the tires at part throttle, other shifts are much smoother but you still feel them a bit. Worst comes to worst, you have the possibility of a cracked accumulator piston....did you upgrade to alluminum ones when the trans work was done? :chevy:

:withstupid:
Your new parts probably just needed time to break in a bit, mine was the same way.....now my 1-2 shift will chirp the tires at part throttle, other shifts are much smoother but you still feel them a bit. Worst comes to worst, you have the possibility of a cracked accumulator piston....did you upgrade to alluminum ones when the trans work was done? :chevy:

I thought I did, I asked Zippy if his kit came with one he said it did.

I thought I did, I asked Zippy if his kit came with one he said it did.

Accumalator was replaced with Zippy's kit. Trans guy said they checked everything they could think of? Their thinking of replacing the line pressure soleniod. One guy from the trans shop told me he thought my PCM should be checked. They dont know I've had it re-tuned. What do you all think, is my SS operating as it should. Am I worrying for nothing...

Am I worrying for nothing...

Yes you are. Mine acts the same way as I stated before...a quick/hard shift 1-2, and the others are much softer, but you still feel them. With a shift kit/servos/retune, you are supposed to feel the shifts...............

Yes you are. Mine acts the same way as I stated before...a quick/hard shift 1-2, and the others are much softer, but you still feel them. With a shift kit/servos/retune, you are supposed to feel the shifts...............

Its just weird that before all the shifts (with the shift kit installed) were the same and from one day to the next the 1-2 shift all of a sudden shifts hard under light load. Oh well I drive it as is for now and see what happens....

Fireman was your 1-2 shifting hard from the get go or did it change as mine did?

Its just weird that before all the shifts (with the shift kit installed) were the same and from one day to the next the 1-2 shift all of a sudden shifts hard under light load. Oh well I drive it as is for now and see what happens....

Fireman was your 1-2 shifting hard from the get go or did it change as mine did?

Once my re-tune learned a bit, and my TC broke in it got much firmer......now my 1-2 shift will shake the truck at 1/2 throttle.....I wouldn't worry about it....now go out and have some fun with her! :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

correct me if i am wrong but, i remeber reading in a post somewhere around here that they added a second spring to the acc piston and it cured the hard 1-2 part throttle shift , but hit hard above 1/2 throttle

My tranny guy also mentioned the spring being broke, fortunatley mine was not...everything is good as far as the shop could tell.

It's probably your PCM relearning after being reset following the programming changes your tuner made. Back when I used to run a Superchips programmer (I know, they suck!) on my truck, for the first couple of days, it would shift like stock at part throttle. But after a couple of days passed, the shifts got progressively harder and harder at part throttle as the computer relearned from the baseline programming.