Dangerous Tires

I used to work for a pretty big tire chain and we knew all about the DOT numbers with the date codes stamped at the end. We had to write them down everytime we mounted tires, they never told me anything about checking to see how old they were though... Im gonna make sure to check them before I buy new tires, Im not paying a lot of money for old crappy tires

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my sister's father in law mentioned that when I saw him a couple of months ago. from what he was saying, Sears was one of the biggest offenders of selling out of date tires. :dunno:

I started workin at sears automotive as a second job (gas money) recently and they just made us go through and mark all the ones we have in stock so new ones dont get used before them, had no idea why at the time... But yeah nobody there checks the date of the tires...

The biggest thing we're dealing with now is people coming in who got the defective valve stems that were produced in a certain time period.

• 2 weeks later...