Very Slow Times

desertss

i ran the ss for the first time on the drag strip at hot august nites drags near reno last nite. it was my first time down a drag strip and now i am hooked. i made 9 passes lost 2. i beat every import that was paired with me. i lost to a camaro ss (late model) and another silverado ss. the sss had a procharger and alcohol injected. he beat me my 3 lenghts and 1.5 seconds. the camaro was driven by a woman, that was my first defeat.

my times were very consistent, all in the 16.5-16.7 range with 80's mph. everyone thinks the timing lights were off, the sss only did 14.99. the track is at 4500ft. its not a sanctioned track.

my truck is all stock. i still had remnants of hay in the back. still not bad for a daily driver.

time mph rt win/loose

16.527 82.84 1.028 lost to silverado ss @ 14.991

16.744 82.46 .0496 REDLIGHT lost to camaro ss @14.546

16.712 81.11 .0846 win

16.648 79.75 .802 win

16.646 81.71 .788 win

16.709 82.44 .676 win

16.745 81.46 1.332 win

16.721 78.28 1.066 win

16.502 82.26 1.230 win

all these runs were from an idle launch

i beat an

08 subaru impreza

70's nova

70's f150 4x4

2002 gmc 1500

saab turbo

mitsu eclipse

honda civic

:chevy::tumbleweed:

Edited by desertss (see edit history)

Congrats on running the truck! :cheers: Was this in Fernley? If so the track is uphill. You can shift into neutral and roll backwards at the lights,lol. Was the procharged SSS black or blue? MFIC has a procharged blue SSS and his friend owns a black procharged SSS.

was the black one from dayton, his friend was there with the evo that has the blue truck to do his computer work

Not sure if he is from Dayton. His name is Keith and yeah his friend is the one with the Evo and blue SSS.

Hey guys. Keith has the black SS. desetss was our first run for the truck at a track with a few shake down issues. desetss we ran you with no meth spraying and no timing and on the rich side and lifted at the end... By the end of the night the truck was tuned. We dont know what the times were because the times at this track are worthless 1 to .5 sec off so dont feel bad if you felt slow dessertss Im sure at a real track you would have better times. Here is a couple of vids tworads the end of the night about 12am. That would be a 2004 ZO6 with LT headers and a handheld tune we are beating. He ran us twice in disbelief. His second run was a little better he tried to run us down.

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/eri...nt=SSvsZO61.flv

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/eri...nt=SSvsZO62.flv

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

Nice! :D Thanks for posting Erin. Did you get to talk to the vette guy? He must had been mystified,lol.

My wife is Erin Im Aaron I know strange having the same names. The vette owner is my foreman at work but he took it really well. I will be tuning his car very soon.

My wife is Erin Im Aaron I know strange having the same names. The vette owner is my foreman at work but he took it really well. I will be tuning his car very soon.

LOL gotcha sorry... If it makes you feel better my wifes name is Dave. :unsure::lol:

You know desertss the more I read your first post the more it makes me mad. Thanks alot for posting Keiths SLOWEST time and saying "the sss only did 14.99". when we had a bunch of issues with the truck. I even told you we had problems. Maybe stick around next time and see what tuning and shake downs are all about before you go posting our slowest times. Keith has never posted and was going to put up his good runs aftrer the truck was tuned and a truck build up. Way to make a guy look like crap with all the hard work we put into that truck!

Edited by dozer (see edit history)

the 14.99 comment was in reference to the timing at the track being off

Thats how I understood it to mean. In relation to desertss "only" going a 16.5-16.7. So realisticaly desertss's stockish SSS should have ran close to the high 14, low 15 mark and Keith's time should have read closer to low 13's, mid 13's.