Very Slow Times

desertss

dozer, be mad if you like, the 14.99 comment was in reference to the timing at the track being off, not at all your hard work.

If it was a refrence to the track's timing, why would you make any comment of the truck being Procharged/Meth Injected when you talked to Aaron and Keith before hand and knew they were running low boost, with belt slip, no methanol, and super low timing? You knew the truck didn't shift out of 2nd gear on that pass so Keith let out of it, and it was the very first pass Keith has ever made in that truck. I consider that a slap in the face because I was the third party involved in building that truck!Next time we are all at the track, I dare you to line up next to Keith again...Ill get that on video and post it up here making condescending remarks about how slow your Silvy SS is...infact, ill race you in my TBSS and dirt you just as bad!You didn't get beat by 3 lengths by a Procharged and Meth Injected Silvy SS, you got beat by a completely conservative untuned non methanol Silvy running 7psi with Headers and Duals/cutouts. And Keith is a rookie drag racer to boot!

I overheard you at the track gloating how you out launched us and we only won by 2 tucks lenghts when to be honest we could care less about racing. I told you before we raced that we were tuning and had alot of work ahead of us and were making tuning passes. I have been through this time and time again were a guy wants to race when your test and tuning and working the bugs out to claim a win or say he ran with you but fails to mention the fact once things were straight it would not even be a race. Maybe Im miss reading you due to your lack of experience at the track and the B.S. games people play there. Maybe I am taking this alittle to personal but alot of time and money were put into that truck and for you to say we only beat a stock SS by 2 lenghts is embarassing. It would of been nice to mention we were having lots of problems.

dozer, be mad if you like, the 14.99 comment was in reference to the timing at the track being off, not at all your hard work.
Edited by dozer (see edit history)

I re-opened this topic if there is question. I don't see the reason here for the bashing. He posted info about a Procharged SSS, no name was mentioned. You came in here from what I can see and brought up that it was you. You complain about the time that he posted which from him was a referrence to the track itself. There is no bashing of your truck in that. If you ran without your meth, belt slip, and super low timing, that's your issue, not his. If he made a comment about beating you off the line (assuming he actually did), who wouldn't when your running a 16 second truck and were racing against a Procharged truck. You're just happy to not stare at tail lights the whole pass normally. If you could care less about drag racing as you posted you would't be so fired up about his posting a time that didn't even have your name on it. Anyone willing to post that they ran mid 16's with their SSS really doesn't care about their track times. I somehow see that it's a big deal to you.

And Keith is a rookie drag racer to boot!

:wtf: How hard is it to race a Automatic AWD truck? :jester: Desertss said it was his 1st time racing too, so that is not a very good excuse. Sounds like bad conditions and very conservative tuning=crappy times. I don't think this post was started to offend any of you guys for your work and if you read though all the dragracing posts on F/I trucks, their 1/4 times are all over the place. From experience, 1.5-2 seconds or 2-3 truck lengths is a big margin of victory. I have been on both side of that margin many times.

<br />I re-opened this topic if there is question. I don't see the reason here for the bashing. He posted info about a Procharged SSS, no name was mentioned. You came in here from what I can see and brought up that it was you. You complain about the time that he posted which from him was a referrence to the track itself. There is no bashing of your truck in that. If you ran without your meth, belt slip, and super low timing, that's your issue, not his. If he made a comment about beating you off the line (assuming he actually did), who wouldn't when your running a 16 second truck and were racing against a Procharged truck. You're just happy to not stare at tail lights the whole pass normally. If you could care less about drag racing as you posted you would't be so fired up about his posting a time that didn't even have your name on it. Anyone willing to post that they ran mid 16's with their SSS really doesn't care about their track times. I somehow see that it's a big deal to you.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> again not my 408 f1r sss it was not there

I'll correct that as your truck being the one you were working on there. I remember you posting that you were installing the Procharger on Keith's truck. I see two people talking about that truck, but not the owner of it if I'm correct. This whole thing just baffles me and irritates me at the same time. I also didn't understand the problem with the rookie part either. A Procharged AWD SSS with a high stall should just be a stab it and drive it straight thing. Not many issue's there. Also if there was a problem with him posting the slowest time, post up his fastest time.

Keith was going to make a profil with pics vids and times from a real track. we did not get a slip but the vett said he ran 13.5 at 105 no 60s at this track. we just wanted to be the first to post times (offical times w/ vid) from sea level where the da iis less than 8000. i just wanted the fact straght about the run. its a much better feeling to have your best runs posted vs the worst of them all.

I can understand that. It still wasn't his fault when the truck ran a 14.99 against him. That was more than 1.5 seconds faster than him so it wasn't like he was calling your truck a piece of crap. Running in hot weather in high altitude slows things down as shown by his running mid/high 16's in what should be a mid/low 14 second truck. If he'd said I saw Dozer out there running Keiths truck and that damn thing is slow as hell, I'd see taking offense to that. Posting times of what he ran and what he ran against with no names attached shouldn't piss anyone off.

maybe the way he came off to me at the track carried into the way i read his post. i know how people are here if i post some good times in another tread someone might call bs after reading his post. im just being to crictial and am sorry if i offened.

Is the air really that bad up there??? I am going to be racing at Top Gun in Fallon in Late September and I sure hope I don't lose a second and a half to DA. That seems unlikely as I have raced in 6000+ feet before and only lost a couple of tenths.

<br />Is the air really that bad up there??? I am going to be racing at Top Gun in Fallon in Late September and I sure hope I don't lose a second and a half to DA. That seems unlikely as I have raced in 6000+ feet before and only lost a couple of tenths.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

the reason we loose that much at that track is it has 80 ft up hill and used to be a landiing strip ant the time are no good at fernly. it hillbilly racing at best there. i never get slips from there because they are wrong. but we do have da of 8000 in the summer like today.

Is the air really that bad up there??? I am going to be racing at Top Gun in Fallon in Late September and I sure hope I don't lose a second and a half to DA. That seems unlikely as I have raced in 6000+ feet before and only lost a couple of tenths.

Yeah it is that bad. Not humid though. Might be a little better at the Fallon track but the one in Fernley is lame. Usually half a second slower in Fernley than in Sacramento. So maybe .3-.4 slower in Fallon than sea level. Give me shout when you are up here.

Yeah it is that bad. Not humid though. Might be a little better at the Fallon track but the one in Fernley is lame. Usually half a second slower in Fernley than in Sacramento. So maybe .3-.4 slower in Fallon than sea level. Give me shout when you are up here.

I'll be there September 26-28 for the Division 7 ET Finals.