Belanger Header Gasket

WANNARACEMYSS

Where can I find a header gasket for my 04 ss. Everyone I call for one says they cant even find the engine to match up the header gasket. Or they want to know all these stupid measurements.

please help

I have Belanger headers on my truck and have had to replace a gasket before. It uses the same gasket that the stock manifolds use. The phone number for Belanger is 623 582 8244 give them a call to verify this

Use the stock GM exhaust manifold gasket; in 20+ years of wrenching on cars it's the best damned header gasket I've used period, GM got it right on this one. They're $20 each at the dealer and if cared for properly are almost infinitely reusable.

Mr. P. :)

PS - in fact I'd even use a set off a junkyard engine LOL

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Use the stock GM exhaust manifold gasket; in 20+ years of wrenching on cars it's the best damned header gasket I've used period, GM got it right on this one. They're $20 each at the dealer and if cared for properly are almost infinitely reusable.

Mr. P. :)

PS - in fact I'd even use a set off a junkyard engine LOL

:withstupid: yep the OEM gaskets kick ass!

If I am planning on installing headers do you think I could save the OEM ones and reuse them?

yes but becareful you dont separate them when you pull them out

:withstupid: Yup we do it all the time; as Dan said, the gasket is actually a 3-layer 'sandwich' so take an extra moment and make sure it does not fall apart on you.

• 5 weeks later...