Loss Of Boost

It maybe your Boost regulator..i think thats what its calle...its the small black cyclinder looking thing on the drivers side...remove the hose from the bottom and open the valve all the way and stick your finger over the whole..the valve should stay open...if it starts to close then there is your problem.

1) Dirty Air Cleaner

2) Other obstruction from air cleaner to j-tube

3) slipping belt, look for black dust

4) crank pulley not pinned

5) exhaust obstruction (blocked/burnt cat?)

6) bad guage - check/verify against MAP using logging software or Aeroforce

If it's none of those things maybe it's a boost bypass issue but I doubt it.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

i just recently had a new cam installed so maybe thats it . is it hard to take off can i do it in my driveway ? would it run fine other thn the boost or should there be other problems ?

This is an important detail; the camshaft is deep inside the engine and controls how the engine breathes, very few cams are optimized for use with a supercharger and most are meant for use with engines NOT having forced induction. If the cam you have installed is not intended for use with a blower then (oversimplified) the motor is inhaling and exhaling at the wrong times for the blower, and the usual result is blowing boost out the tailpipe during the increased valve overlap period - this will cause loss of boost, significantly lower gas mileage (the fresh air/fuel is being blown right out the open exhaust valve), and big drop in HP. If it is verified that your cam is not blower-friendly and is allowing a lot of fresh/unburned fuel out the exhaust valve then you can expect to destroy your cats in time. So question here is, exactly which cam is in the motor?

Mr. P.