Seeking A New Toy!

r8rs4lf

I've been wanting to get a bike for a while now. Ever since I sold my street bike, I've kind of missed the feeling of riding so now is the time to step up. My plans are to pick up a touring bike. I like having a radio and some bags so if I decide to roll somewhere I can take the bike and not have to wear a dumb a$$ backpack. My partner has an '07 Ultra Classic Electric Glide (6 speed and 96 cubic inches) with 1900 miles and told me to just take over payments. The balance is about $17K so the payment wouldn't be so bad. The only thing is the color. It's a dark blue and pewter I believe.

Anyways, if anyone has some advice for me, I'd surely appreciate it.

I feel your pain man. I've had two Suzukis and I never really wanted them. I got a deal that I couldn't pass up on the gixxer that I had and the first was just a good bike to learn on. I've always wanted a Harley. Softail Custom, Nighttrain, or Road King. Too bad they're all out of my range right now. I keep telling myself, SOMEDAY!!

Good luck!! :cheers:

ive never ridin bikes ( except 50's ) and i am just kind of scared with driving , not so much my riding but how other idiots dont pay attention. with thinking about that i would go with a harley i think . sure going fast is fun but harleys can be pretty quick while looking great and sounding even better

i would own a harley if i were in the market for a bike they just sound like a muscle bike. i dont know why but i have always liked the v rod harley even though its kind of small and not very manly but it is quick.

i would compare what you can get other harley for before i took over payments on your friends bike, not ot mention it seems like your not diggint the paint which would just eat at you more and more everytime you look at it. or it may grow on you like my navy blue metallic camaro did me.

this is how id set my harley up

lol

DSC01768-1.jpg

I've been wanting to get a bike for a while now. Ever since I sold my street bike, I've kind of missed the feeling of riding so now is the time to step up. My plans are to pick up a touring bike. I like having a radio and some bags so if I decide to roll somewhere I can take the bike and not have to wear a dumb a$ backpack. My partner has an '07 Ultra Classic Electric Glide (6 speed and 96 cubic inches) with 1900 miles and told me to just take over payments. The balance is about $17K so the payment wouldn't be so bad. The only thing is the color. It's a dark blue and pewter I believe.

Anyways, if anyone has some advice for me, I'd surely appreciate it.

Alex,

The price is pretty good for 2 years old and 1900 miles. That bike was 21-22K new.

2007 Used Electra Glide

Great cruiser for you and a passenger. Lots of storage. These bikes are fairly easy to ride and pretty balanced (motor sits low in the frame). With the 96 inch and the 6-speed they have plenty of power and gas mileage. They also can be ridden hard and handle well for such a large bike if you are so inclined. I wish I had this guy's skills:

<-------- And they will do (avatar) this too :thumbs:

The V-Rod is a nice bike too but storage is limited unless you buy the saddle bags or the Road Rod conversion kit (about another 8K) Road Rod pics.

I have thought about buying a used V-Rod and doing the conversion.

I had a FXR and my Electra-Glide but sold the FXR because I was always riding the Electra-Glide. :dunno:

Be prepared for the Geezer-Glide, Geriatric-Glide, Grampa-Glide,old man bike, etc. comments from friends

I hope this helps and hasn't added to the confusion

my pops has a 05 heritage soft tail with all the chrome u could want with a custom paint job. its a nice bike but not my style.

as for the V-rod...my dads buddy bought one and he hates it and nobody wants to buy it cause they made like 20 million v rods in one year and they can just get a new one. he said he was riding it and the foot

peg fell off and just abuncha other little things...they are fast though!