Tint Removal!

Hey guys and gals, so a couple of weeks ago I was pulled over by the law. And the cop was a dick with me about my tint! So anyways now I have 2 take the tint off and have the damn ticket signed off by a cop, and I know no cop in Cali will sign a ticket for a truck with 5% on it. So iam not really sure with what? Or how 2 remove it? BTW its 5% I need 2 remove. TIA!!

all you need is a couple razor blades and some cheap window cleaner with ammonia if you are lucky you have cheap tint and you can start one corner and it will peel off with the glue in one piece try that before you go at it with razor blades the last one i removed took 2 minutes for 4 windows it was cheap tint and the glue and all came off in one shot

any time I had to remove tint I had scrape it all off with a razor and scub the clue off with some type of solvent. make sure to get all the glue off or the window will hang up when you let it down

The best way I've found is to remove it with a razor blade. To get the glue off once you get the tint material off there simply use nail polish remover with acetone in it. The glue will wipe right off there. I found the trick to the tint ticket. Have a dad who's truck looks almost identical to yours without tint on his windows. I got a tint ticket and went to the police station with his truck with my plate on it. The officer signed off the ticket without a problem. :D

The best way I've found is to remove it with a razor blade. To get the glue off once you get the tint material off there simply use nail polish remover with acetone in it. The glue will wipe right off there. I found the trick to the tint ticket. Have a dad who's truck looks almost identical to yours without tint on his windows. I got a tint ticket and went to the police station with his truck with my plate on it. The officer signed off the ticket without a problem. :D

Our officers run the plate on the correction notice and then compare the vin on the vehicle brought in to be signed off. :cold: Plus if you get caught switching plates it really gets expensive. :uhoh:

OK bro check this out this method works really good Ive done it to about 5 cars and it work every time.first do it in the morning on a really sunny day the sun plays a big factor you will need 1 bottle of windex with ammonia and big garbage bags,second spray windex on the side of the tint soak it really good then place the plastic bag over the sprayed windex :the windex will hold the plastic bag:then let it sit in direct sun light for about 3 hrs then take the plastic off and you should be able to peal the tint right off with your fingers and the best part is the glue comes off with the tint.try it bro you will be amazed :ohmy:

OK bro check this out this method works really good Ive done it to about 5 cars and it work every time.first do it in the morning on a really sunny day the sun plays a big factor you will need 1 bottle of windex with ammonia and big garbage bags,second spray windex on the side of the tint soak it really good then place the plastic bag over the sprayed windex :the windex will hold the plastic bag:then let it sit in direct sun light for about 3 hrs then take the plastic off and you should be able to peal the tint right off with your fingers and the best part is the glue comes off with the tint.try it bro you will be amazed :ohmy:

:cheers: easiest way to do it if you got sun light!!

The end suggestion doesn't sound like a good idea, then what happens when you get pulled over again by the same cop?

When I took my tint off I first peeled a corner and ripped really fast and most of the glue came off. I than got a mild degreaser and spray the glue with the degreaser, let it sit for a minute and than razor blade it off. Make sure to tape off the surrounding plastic interior peices.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)