I wonder what the deal is with...

jwest1975

LOL, I love starting a new post and then being the first to reply to it... :D

I was a little concerned because when I finally decided that this was the truck for me, I was not going to cut corners and skip some options. Based on the cost of the truck, I might as well get every available option. Anyone else feel the same way when they are about to dump 40k into something new? :P Anyway, my concern was that I was not going to .....lol.... have a spare tire lock! :lol: Not a big deal to some, but is one to me. Well, I just reviewed my vehicle order detail and sure enough one of the options listed is the "SAF - Lock, Spare Tire". :) This tells me that my truck will have one with it! Now I will be interested in seeing if they tacked on the $15.00 to the price of the vehicle.

OK, you can now move on to reading a more important post! :jester:

Justin

it was part of gm cutting costs on many parts that were'nt needed. they polled many customers about items that were standard they didn't feel they needed. it was on the list so it got cut by popular vote.

$36,500 - $34,000 = $2,500, hmmm... what a coincedence that happens to be the current rebate :D

I think this is one of the reasons we were suprised the SS came out a couple thousand more than we expected. GM is just playing games, trying to make sales more attractive with the rebates, but can't afford to loose that kind of money on every sale, so up they go on the price. It is kinda like those 1 cent sales you see, buy one, get another for one cent. Funny thing is, just before the sale, all the prices were remarked at double the normal price :eek:

Archived