Magna 2300 Tvs

i am thinking about upgrading (again) to the new 2300 tvs from magna . they claim it put 15.5 lbs of boost into a 428 lsx , so i would think it would have no problem puting 10-12 lbs into my 408 ls1 . plus it has the dual heat exchanger instead of single . what do you guys think ? no priceing yet

your info is off... the LSX was a 434 CID and the TVS ran 935hp at the crank... i believe it was at 15psi... but at 2k rpm it made 710 tq...

I was going to go with an F1r... but the SUPPORT from procharger for a truck application was weak... i was told i would have to create or build my own drive mount system....

if you are looking for this type of power you'd better know what you are getting yourself into first.... $$$$$$ and headache.... and youd better have everything else done right before the engine... transmission, gears, driveline, and most of all a great tuner...

if you want a tvs expect to pay for it . im not 100% sure but the existing procharger truck kit mount should work with the f1, piping will need to be made however. which isnt the end of the world.

a vortech could also make some decent power with a setup like mine with the upgraded t trim which would run you slightyly less than a 1900 tvs.

and last a trubo would make just as much power and if sized right would make boost quickly and be very driveable.

and although i know you like the off idle power, take a ride in a centrifigal setup and see the launch , i guarantee your surprised. you just have to run a bit higher of a stall with a truck like mine.

i know it wont be cheap . i have a friend with a procharger setup thats why i don't want to go that route , can't do the same thing hahaha and when i talked to magna they said the 1900 would be at its limit to feed my engine . turbo is an idea but all the kits i have seen are big bucks since i am already set up to run the maggie .

what do you consider big bucks ? 6800 for the 1900 tvs isnt exactly cheap . i dont know of any turbo kits that cost that much . i even know someone who can build me a custom twin setup for that price.

when i talked to a shop about a twin turbo setup from aps they were around $18 000 and i don't want sts because of where i live

lol 18k thats downrigh ridiculous , i dont care what kind of quality of kit they have.

just depends on what your goals are then man , and how much money you want to spend.

im playing with the idea of selling my blower setup for a down on a house and eventually going with something different after i get settled.

i was hinting at possibly selling my blower , its a vortech t trim ( upgraded from regular vortech kit ) and would make 10-12 psi on your 408 with a 2.7 pulley i would be looking to sell it around december if youd be interested.

i could include alot of other upgrades if you want, including 8 rib and s trim headunit, ice box bigger heat exchanger( fluidyne)

this blower can make 850 hp before its maxed out . im trying to set the record with it first though. so it will be a proven winner , which imo it already has.

and for off idle power it can make boost with a stall launch , and pull 1.60 60 ft's with the correct converter.