Where To Buy Lowering Kit

rpss4844

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is "Mrdickhead" a screen name, or were you refering to guy that supercharged reccomended me too? Supercharged, i take it you havent had any problems out of this guy and the products he sells are McGaughys and not something he made? Thanks for the help guys.

no, he is an authorized dealer for McGaughys. I never had any problems with my spindles, coils, or drop kit at all? I know alot of people who have used them with good reviews, but I guess there are going to be a few here and there that were unsucessful?

hi

ive been using mcgaughys lowering kits for about 10 yrs now and i have never installed one product that was defective or did not function properly. i garantee that i have instlled more of these mcgaughys kits on vehicles than anyone else on this forum. the bigest problem i see that goes on with mcgaughys spindles is the average backyard mechanic who thinks he is an engineer, or thinks he is smarter than the instructions. im telling you this because i have seen it time and time again, ive had people from gmfullsize and fullsizechevy call me on weekends asking me what they did wrong or whats wrong. and generally the problem is answered in the instructions that come with the kit. now the bigest problem that i got was people claiming driveline vibration with the mcgaughy kit. thats fine thats why the last moderator claimed mcgaughys product was crap. i spoke with a member on this website over a year ago who clamed he had this problem. he came by my shop and i discoverd that he lowered the front of the truck more than 2 inches, he had more like 3.5 inches of drop in the front. i told him that his front cv axles wer in a bind and thats what was causing the vibration. he said i was full of crap. i told him i would prove it. so i lifted the front of the truck 1.5 inches and took him out for a ride. there was no vibration. he later apologized for telling me i did not know what i was talking about. withe the moderators permission i would like to establish myself as a mcgaughy tech person for your website, anyone with a techincal question regarding mcgaughys product weather its siverado ss or ford 150 i would be happy to answer, regardless of who the kit was purchased from.

thank you tim

Hello Tim,

This weekend im going to install some mcgaughy hangers (already have mcgaughy shackles) also have mcgaughy spindels. And was wodering if i would need any shims? If so what degree would you recommend? I have a 2006 silverado ss 2wd, so my drop will consist of drop spindels w/drop keys up front, and the rear drop hangers/shackles. PM me or answer my post here.

Thanks,

JR.

I was just saying that if a company comes after a member of a fourm b/c he had issues with the product instead of fixing the problem then I am not going to support them...The member is Johnmalibuss...works for banks...knows his stuff and he did not deserve for McGaughy to come to his Job and try to get him fired! I was just saying get the belltech!

Tim-I agree with you and with either spindle (I believe they are copies anyway!) you have to put it on right! I was just sharing an older experence with the owner of McGaughy.

Hello Tim,

This weekend im going to install some mcgaughy hangers (already have mcgaughy shackles) also have mcgaughy spindels. And was wodering if i would need any shims? If so what degree would you recommend? I have a 2006 silverado ss 2wd, so my drop will consist of drop spindels w/drop keys up front, and the rear drop hangers/shackles. PM me or answer my post here.

Thanks,

JR.

hi

from my experience you should not need a shim in the rear end. if you have a 2 piece drive shaft you may need a carrier bearing in the rear if you do see some vibration. i have personally installed a 3/5 drop on a 2006 ss 2wd wiht no problems, no shims, and there was no vibration

thank you tim

I was just saying that if a company comes after a member of a fourm b/c he had issues with the product instead of fixing the problem then I am not going to support them...The member is Johnmalibuss...works for banks...knows his stuff and he did not deserve for McGaughy to come to his Job and try to get him fired! I was just saying get the belltech!

Tim-I agree with you and with either spindle (I believe they are copies anyway!) you have to put it on right! I was just sharing an older experence with the owner of McGaughy.

for starters mcgaughys never tried to get him fired. they knew who he was and were he work because he contacted them. all they asked him to do was simply stop trash talking the company. they did not call his work and ask for his supervisor and try to get him fired, they wouldnt do anything like that. the owners of mcgaughs are some of the nicest people ive ever delt with, they would not try to get someone fired from there job. however all i could say is that it vary unprofessional to trash talk other companines just beacuse you dont see eye to eye. i have also installed belltech lowering kits, you want to talk about problems with installation and the design of the spindle i would be glad to do so. i will never say that belltech is garbage or that they are a crapy company, ill just state the facts, and my personal beliefs about there product and let you (silveradoss guys) deturmine which spindles, or kits to buy. i dont make personal attacks at business, or people at those businesses.

thanks tim

All right, my mcgaughy hangers are on, no vibration,no shims. All that is left tommorrow put on drop keys and get an alignment. Also the rear bumpstops need 1 more nub cut off. Ill make my own thread went i get pics.

Also to me it sits lower than 4", the stock keys where fully de-cranked and the rear still sat lower, thats why i need to get the drop keys on. The most upper holes where used in the hanger/shackles.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

Hey Tim, first of all, thanks for your opinions/expertise. I have a question...i have been waiting to drop my '04 SS for some time now. I've read Mr P's how-to as well as all other opinions and they're great. I want to get the most expertise i can before i start this. I just need to get it in gear. I know i can do certain things in terms of mods go, but have been a bit reserved about this. Is it something your average joe with SOME technical ability should undertake? If so, i want to drop the front about 2" and the rear to whatever it takes to level it out. Of course, i tow a 21' boat on occasion so i don't want to do more than i should. Any suggestions on where to start, where/what to buy (with McGa parts), etc? I need to get this done. It belongs closer to the ground. I appreciate anything you got. Mike