Guaging Interest - New Product

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking on ebay and they have one with a thermal bypass. I live in Mass and it gets cold up here, is that something that I should get?? I am interested in the kit...

to quote steve " i like the idea of the thermall bypass but the temperature on them is set to high for our trucks."

• 4 months later...

Funny I just found this today. Is this for the Long LPD47391 and if so are these still available? Been pondering how to plumb the cooler and really thought it to be a waste to use AN fittings for such a short run.

:flag:

• 5 weeks later...

I'd be interested in the kit too, as I will hopefully be getting my converter in the next few months. I do live in Vancouver, Canada though and in the winter it gets to about 20* F sometimes so may need the cooler with the bypass. What is the lowest temp you can go without the bypass? Will the kit work with the bypass?

...just saw the date on the original post, don't know if you're still offering these?

Edited by Brian-SierraC3 (see edit history)

I'd be interested in the kit too, as I will hopefully be getting my converter in the next few months. I do live in Vancouver, Canada though and in the winter it gets to about 20* F sometimes so may need the cooler with the bypass. What is the lowest temp you can go without the bypass? Will the kit work with the bypass?

...just saw the date on the original post, don't know if you're still offering these?

The bypass can be fit with the lines, will take a little more cutting/fitting. Yes there are plans to offer this kit before summer, I have redesigned the brackets for mass production; still working on a high-volume jig to repeatably/reliably make the pre-bent lines, that took a lot of time to validate each set on my truck!

You do not want the transmission to run too cool, it's not good for it. You want a trans temp of 150-170, mine 'bites' best at 155-ish. Anything over 180 starts to really eat into the life of the trans, and anything below 130 you risk water vapor buildup in the ATF. Below 110 and Dexron-III is too thick and the hydraulic parts in the transmission cannot move fast enough, you risk lazy shifts that glaze over friction materials or having 2 gears enganged simultaneously for a split-second on gear changes. In your climate I suggest in the winter you may have to take a piece of tin and partially block some area of the TCMax to keep the ATF temps up.

Mr. P.