Lfp Idlers Sqeeking Bad

well i searched and found that some others of you had issues with the LFP idlers coming apart and wobbling. well mine did, they replaced them, but the new ones squeek like hell. its driving me crazy.

my setup is 112" belt, 2.85 pulley, one 90mm idler, one 100mm idler, and the new maggie tensioner. any ideas? maybe a dual bearing pulley?

ALSO, i have the spacers from maggie, the dark colored ones. any help appreciated, this noise is driving me nuts and i cant really work with being sick and all. thanks guys :cheers:

well i searched and found that some others of you had issues with the LFP idlers coming apart and wobbling. well mine did, they replaced them, but the new ones squeek like hell. its driving me crazy.

my setup is 112" belt, 2.85 pulley, one 90mm idler, one 100mm idler, and the new maggie tensioner. any ideas? maybe a dual bearing pulley?

ALSO, i have the spacers from maggie, the dark colored ones. any help appreciated, this noise is driving me nuts and i cant really work with being sick and all. thanks guys :cheers:

yeah i had the same problem my 100mm it started making noise and wobbling mine failed one week after the 90 day warranty so they didnt replace mine,its cheap stuff and thats the last time i will buy anything from them :mad:

i would use some spray grease or some marine grease and try and grease them up , if not dual bearing is always a good thing

is it the belt or the bearings? maybe you just have a bad bearing. reichard racing can mae you some nice ones but not cheap , i had ati custom make my 8 rib drive.

east coast superchaging made me an 8 rib setup, looks very nice. ive yet to install all of it, but just with the addition of a gatorback (although noisey) and the maggie tensioner i have no more belt slip.... but adding another 75-100 whp / 5 lbs boost will prob take care of that :banghead:

who makes a dual bearing idler? the customer service is great @ LFP, but its a PITA to keep replacing them and sending them out

Reichard Racing makes some duel bearing pulleys http://www.reichardracing.com/pulleys.php

I have the LFP pulleys and the pulley under the alternator keeps having the bearing come loose. I'm curious as to weather or not this is the same pulley that has the bearing come loose on everyone else's. I wonder if the driver’s side pulley just has that much more load on it. The passenger side pulley is the original one I got from LFP and has not ever had a problem.

Reichard Racing makes some duel bearing pulleys http://www.reichardracing.com/pulleys.php

I have the LFP pulleys and the pulley under the alternator keeps having the bearing come loose. I'm curious as to weather or not this is the same pulley that has the bearing come loose on everyone else's. I wonder if the driver’s side pulley just has that much more load on it. The passenger side pulley is the original one I got from LFP and has not ever had a problem.

im in the same boat.... i couldnt fit two 100mm, so the driver side under alt is a 90mm (not that it matters) and ive been through three of them. the last one the snap ring popped off and the pulley put a huge dent under my hood :lol: BUT the 100mm on the pass side is almost 2 years old... from the looks of it, theres alot more belt wrap on the driver side, seemingly putting more force on it

Hmmm, I was running those idlers and one failed on me (not really failed however did start to wobble). I used two of their 90MM idlers and the other one was like brand new when the other one developed the "wobble". As I looked into this a bit more, I noticed that I had one "flipped" 180* compared to the other one. The one that was flipped, failed. Not sure how you have yours mounted (what side is facing your fans and what side is facing your motor) but may be something to look at... :dunno:

I had the old style bracket so flipping one idler while using the magna spacers was the only way it worked. Maybe it placed a heavier load on the bearing since the centerpoint was farther from the mounting point,...if that makes sense. If you look at the pulleys, there is for sure a different offset depending on which way you choose to mount them.

FWIW, the pulley that crapped the bed for me was at the same location giving you issues AND it was a 90mm. :sigh:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)