My Custom Reg. Cab Ho

Im a new member on here, and thought I would post some pics of my ride. Washed her today, so I decided to snap some shots. Built her here recently. 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 with 2006 Chevy 6.0 HO motor/trans. Mods are in sig.

She started life as this:

Picture005.jpg

Here's the donor truck:

Picture001.jpg

Now for the final product:

MyTruck001.jpg

MyTruck004.jpg

MyTruck010.jpg

MyTruck011.jpg

MyTruck014.jpg

MyTruck020.jpg

MyTruck016.jpg

MyTruck023.jpg

MyTruck025.jpg

MyTruck002.jpg

Well, I don't really wanna say, but I'm in it pretty cheap because of being able to pull parts from my junkyard. I'm actually in this truck cheaper than what most SS's go for. Bought both trucks at an auction. The donor truck had a junking title, so it was cheap. I wish I had some side skirts to go with the bumper cover, but I haven't seen any for regular cabs that I like... The cover looks a lil outta place hanging lower than the rest of the truck, but I like it, so it works for me lol.

Edited by SilverBullet6.0 (see edit history)

yeah if you like it thats all that matter. personally i like the denali cover the best . or stock 03+ gmc front all painted but just my opinion

are they both alvage title? also if you dont want to post can pm me on the money they cost? i just want to get an idea of cost for building something like that

yeah if you like it thats all that matter. personally i like the denali cover the best . or stock 03+ gmc front all painted but just my opinion

are they both alvage title? also if you dont want to post can pm me on the money they cost? i just want to get an idea of cost for building something like that

The reg cab truck was salvage, the ext cab ho was junking title, meaning you cannot legally license it to drive on public roads. You can however use parts from the vehicle. Now that the truck is built, it has been inspected by mo highway patrol, and has a good title with a small brand that says prior salvage in the bottom corner of the title. It's just there to keep people from lying about if it's been wrecked or not. I'm at a family members house right now, but later this evening I'll go home and check my record and pm you how much it cost to build.

Looking back, I kinda wish I woulda put the motor in a 4x4 reg cab because this truck burns tires like crazy.

Great looking truck, I like it if you do. I agree with chase, not a big fan of that front end, but I believe it's the chrome vs. paint color, just doesn't seem to work together. That, and the whole exterior of the truck seems to have several conflicting themes going on.

I would like to see a picture of the rear of the truck, and maybe some more of the interior if you can :pepsicheer:

The only thing different than stock on the rear of the truck, is the plastic piece on top of the tailgate, it has the black piece off of a regular chevy truck. I didn't have a gmc tailgate at the time, plus I use my bed a lot. The chevy piece is beefier, the gmc piece is kinda like the sss, it's more for looks than protection. It's just a thin cover, whereas the chevy offer more protection and actually kinda looks like a small spoiler, kinda like the intimidator, but nowhere near as sexy lol. It's a chevy tailgate with gmc badges. the interior is standard black cloth. Only thing not stock inside is the gauge cluster and subs.

Great looking truck, I like it if you do. I agree with chase, not a big fan of that front end, but I believe it's the chrome vs. paint color, just doesn't seem to work together. That, and the whole exterior of the truck seems to have several conflicting themes going on.

I would like to see a picture of the rear of the truck, and maybe some more of the interior if you can :pepsicheer:

What do you think is conflicting? Here are some pics from the back.

MyTruck007.jpg

MyTruck008.jpg

MyTruck009.jpg

These are the only interior pics I have right now. I can take some more pics tommorrow if you would like? What interior pics do you want?

MyTruck011.jpg

MyTruck013.jpg

MyTruck014.jpg

MyTruck015.jpg

MyTruck017.jpg

This ones at an angle, but it's just to show my jack in the stock location and my re-located tools

MyTruck019.jpg

I like the denali covers too, but there's a billion trucks around here with denali conversion front ends, and I wanted something different. I like how the truck turned out, so that's all I care about. I admit the bumper looks a lil outta place since it hangs lower than the rest of the truck, but I like the way it looks fom the front, so I can live with it looking outta place from the side.

I got to see this truck in person in your dads garage about 6months ago,, I thought it was pretty cool then. I bought that 06 Intimidator off your Dad,,I took all the remaining Earnhardt stuff off so it just looks like a normal SS now,,,other than the little accident I had a few weeks ago,,I'm looking for a passenger side rear door at a decent price if you or your Dad run across one,,so did ya use an SS rearend under that thing?

Im a new member on here, and thought I would post some pics of my ride. Washed her today, so I decided to snap some shots. Built her here recently. 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 with 2006 Chevy 6.0 HO motor/trans. Mods are in sig.

She started life as this:

Picture005.jpg

Here's the donor truck:

Picture001.jpg

Now for the final product:

MyTruck001.jpg

MyTruck004.jpg

MyTruck010.jpg

MyTruck011.jpg

MyTruck014.jpg

MyTruck020.jpg

MyTruck016.jpg

MyTruck023.jpg

MyTruck025.jpg

MyTruck002.jpg

I got to see this truck in person in your dads garage about 6months ago,, I thought it was pretty cool then. I bought that 06 Intimidator off your Dad,,I took all the remaining Earnhardt stuff off so it just looks like a normal SS now,,,other than the little accident I had a few weeks ago,,I'm looking for a passenger side rear door at a decent price if you or your Dad run across one,,so did ya use an SS rearend under that thing?

Hey man! The read end is just a 3:73 posi unit. I'll let you know if we get a door in!

I think it looks good, but it would look better if the grille and the rear bumper was color matched. And I would remove the chrome side molding because it kinda clashes with the hockey stripe but thats just my opinion. All and all a nice ride and a sweet build. :cheers: