Anyone Ever Heard Of Arc Audio?

r8rs4lf

I'd just like to know your thoughts on this brand since I've never heard of it before. I've been told their KS 125.2 is pretty good. I'm trying to piece together a system for my '09 Harley FLHT standard.

In particular, this one......

http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription...-125.2-mini.asp

I'm not extremely knowlegeable when it comes to arc audio but I can tell you this. I had purchased JL Audio for my ss. Turns out the woofers were too big for the box so this one shop suggested arc audio woofers. I blew the first pair 30 minutes after leaving the shop (an hour drive). They replaced them two days later with a new set. After the blowout I did some research. Supposedly, Arc Audio components are not intended for earthshaking volume of sound but more for quality of sound. My 1000 watt amp welded..yes welded, the speaker to it's self. It was just too much for it to handle. Arc Audio does make some higher end components that may handle the wattage, I'm not sure. But in my opinion and my experience...Arc Audio is for an audiophile, while other brands are for those who like to cruise, look good, and show off. Needless to say, I now have ALL JL Audio components in my truck. Hope this tidbit of info helps.

I'd just like to know your thoughts on this brand since I've never heard of it before. I've been told their KS 125.2 is pretty good. I'm trying to piece together a system for my '09 Harley FLHT standard.

In particular, this one......

http://www.arcaudio.com/productdescription...-125.2-mini.asp

I'm not extremely knowlegeable when it comes to arc audio but I can tell you this. I had purchased JL Audio for my ss. Turns out the woofers were too big for the box so this one shop suggested arc audio woofers. I blew the first pair 30 minutes after leaving the shop (an hour drive). They replaced them two days later with a new set. After the blowout I did some research. Supposedly, Arc Audio components are not intended for earthshaking volume of sound but more for quality of sound. My 1000 watt amp welded..yes welded, the speaker to it's self. It was just too much for it to handle. Arc Audio does make some higher end components that may handle the wattage, I'm not sure. But in my opinion and my experience...Arc Audio is for an audiophile, while other brands are for those who like to cruise, look good, and show off. Needless to say, I now have ALL JL Audio components in my truck. Hope this tidbit of info helps.

well i have MTX in my SS, and i can tell you i love it. this guy asked if ARC was any good. i can tell you it is well built, but like any speaker, distortion will KILL ANY SPEAKER! and that includes JL. welding a speaker to itself... hmmmm. been doin this 19 years, yet to see that one. might have smoked a voice coil and siezed a speaker, but welding from an amp? weird. please do send pics my way.

in the end, get what you like. its your ears, your money and your audio gear. a simple answer, YES Arc makes some damn nice equiptment.

ARC is high end sound quality equipment. Most bass heads don't use their stuff but it's really clean sounding. As for their amps you can get more bang for your buck from other companies but you'll be hard pressed to find an amp that sounds better.