It Was A Sad Day In The William Household

Stitches040

I am sorry to say, that today, my buddy of 10.5 years, had to say goodbye.

Madison had developed bone cancer later on in life. So this morning when he woke up and looked at me in that special way, I knew the time had come. Madison gave it his best fight, even though the cancer had crippled one of his front legs, and spread to his chest cavity. He never gave up the lust to bark at and chase his soccerball.

He wanted to let you all know that he will be fine, and that he will sorely miss his Mommy and Daddy, as they will truely miss him. Thanks for all the laughs, and I'll see you at the bridge.

Madison - March 1998 / September 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man every time i read about pets going it brings a tear to my eye....my best wishes for you

Same here. :tear:

I'm sorry to hear this, I know how you are a golden lover like I am. Back in Jan I had to put my childhood cat of 18 and a half years to sleep cause her kidneys shut down and could not be brought back to working and I then lost my cat fish a couple months ago.

I will never forget how I lost my old golden on the day I bought the SS, she loved my old truck and I'm sure she would of loved the SS even more.

im really sorry to hear about your loss shaun. losing a family member is hard but when they are your best friend it makes it that much tougher. my golden retriever was named buddy. when we had to put him down it was one of the darkest days in my life. hang in there. he is in a better place now, and not in pain anymore.

I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put my beloved baby to sleep in July. Pay close attention as you may start to see some signs that Madison is ok. The Saturday after I put my girl to sleep, I was going that afternoon to bury her at the pet cemetary. That morning, I took my other dog to puppy class and we arrived early. We were walking around in the grass, alone, and there in front of me was a beautiful orange and black butterfly (same colors as my Katelyn). It was the only butterfly there so I like to think it was her telling me hi mom.

The woman at the pet cemetary told me I would see signs. Some people see butterflies. Some see beautiful birds. Others keep finding pennies. So if you see something different or special, it may just be Madison.

Edited by chevygal (see edit history)

I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put my beloved baby to sleep in July. Pay close attention as you may start to see some signs that Madison is ok. The Saturday after I put my girl to sleep, I was going that afternoon to bury her at the pet cemetary. That morning, I took my other dog to puppy class and we arrived early. We were walking around in the grass, alone, and there in front of me was a beautiful orange and black butterfly (same colors as my Katelyn). It was the only butterfly there so I like to think it was her telling me hi mom.

The woman at the pet cemetary told me I would see signs. Some people see butterflies. Some see beautiful birds. Others keep finding pennies. So if you see something different or special, it may just be Madison.

Wow, thats interesting to know.

This might sound strange but about 10yrs or so ago I lost my little beagle to cancer and I buried him out back under a tree. Latter that night my mom went out to put the trash in the cans out back and said she saw him running around the yard.