My 2008 Silverado Ss Tribute

Forsaken_id

YAY! Got it the beginning of June after trading in my 2000 Silverado. I'll miss the other one, but you have to hear the exhaust and feel the power on this one. Almost got a Trailblazer SS, but liked this more after the demo.

With rear wheel dyno'd 409lb/ft torque.

Not a true SS (there isn't one for NBS anyways), but power-to-weight is pretty good. I guess it's my tribute SS.

5.3L, locking rear diff, polished CAI, dual aftermarket exhaust, 22" Akuzas, Yokohama performance tires, color keyed fascia and grill shell, 4/6 drop, and other custom touches and stuff. Performance upgrades (intake/exhaust) have added ~38HP and ~35lb/ft of torque based on dyno results.

ALL under warranty. I plan on getting a tune, paint matched SLP front center bumper cover, paint matched tailgate handle and some other little things like those soon. I'll put a turbo on it once the warranty is up. . .I'm a wuss like that. :P I need to get some newer pics as well as I had the bed lined since I have to haul stuff occasionally.

Teh_SS_sausage_pwnage008.jpg

Teh_SS_sausage_pwnage012.jpg

Teh_SS_sausage_pwnage019.jpg

Teh_SS_sausage_pwnage022.jpg

Teh_SS_sausage_pwnage025.jpg

Teh_SS_sausage_pwnage028.jpg

And GINORMOUS pics for drooling. . .

Not bad, but I'm confused on the power output. 35 more ftlbs more torque doesn't add up to 409ftlbs. I'm assuming the exhaust is the GMPP along with the CAI. Should be plenty fast enough. I like the height, still usable as a truck. What size tire is that?

Not bad, but I'm confused on the power output. 35 more ftlbs more torque doesn't add up to 409ftlbs. I'm assuming the exhaust is the GMPP along with the CAI. Should be plenty fast enough. I like the height, still usable as a truck. What size tire is that?

i think he's runnin a 305-40-22 size tire

nice truck are you saying this truck dynoed 409 torque with a cai and exhuast. i find that a little far fetched. i like the color and the wheels not big on the ss badges though keep up the good work

I was talking to the dealership accessory dept when I bought it and they mentioned it had been dyno'd, so I got the info frim them. I have the sheets from another outside shop that was contracted to dyno'd it with my VIN. It is 409 lb/ft at the max level. This includes the add ons which add 35hp/38torque over the stock setup dyno.

I can't remember exactly what stock was, but it was higher at the tires than the motor is even rated at the crank. Wierd, I know, but my 2000 got 18MPG combined (60% highway/40% city) so I always seem to get a odd one out in some way.

That is the min level as they ran it based on MPH rather than RPM like every other damn place on earth. It has ~230HP and 409Lb/Ft based of the MPH of 88. Since it isn't RPM based, I know I have more, but at least that much as a base.

Also, thanks everyone.

--Rome

EDIT: Yes it's 305/40/22.

Edited by Forsaken_id (see edit history)

I was talking to the dealership accessory dept when I bought it and they mentioned it had been dyno'd, so I got the info frim them. I have the sheets from another outside shop that was contracted to dyno'd it with my VIN. It is 409 lb/ft at the max level. This includes the add ons which add 35hp/38torque over the stock setup dyno.

I can't remember exactly what stock was, but it was higher at the tires than the motor is even rated at the crank. Wierd, I know, but my 2000 got 18MPG combined (60% highway/40% city) so I always seem to get a odd one out in some way.

That is the min level as they ran it based on MPH rather than RPM like every other damn place on earth. It has ~230HP and 409Lb/Ft based of the MPH of 88. Since it isn't RPM based, I know I have more, but at least that much as a base.

Also, thanks everyone.

--Rome

EDIT: Yes it's 305/40/22.

Something isnt right with those numbers. And I am not calling you a liar by any means. My 04 5.3 bone stock put down 230 to the wheels and and around 300 ft/lbs....so something is fishy there...and 18mpg in a 2000 is not odd...My dad's 2000 Z71 RCSB got 18 no matter what basically...his 07 Z71 RCSB hasnt gotten 18 yet...