Better Mufflers?

good morning all!..

i have a 06 ss intimidator,,and have been thinking of changing the muffler..but to me i the stock one sounds fine,,is this any different from a standard ss?......

and if i do change the muffler,,what is a good brand that is not gawd-awful loud?? /

THANK YOU ALL!!....looks like i'm shopping for a magnaflow...i heard they are really good for the shelby gt500 also...as far as the flow masters..i have them on my ss cars..and not really impressed with them,sorry........

Edited by RICK.69SS (see edit history)

good morning all!..

i have a 06 ss intimidator,,and have been thinking of changing the muffler..but to me i the stock one sounds fine,,is this any different from a standard ss?......

and if i do change the muffler,,what is a good brand that is not gawd-awful loud??

take that dress off and end this tea party go flowmaster or take your truck back... :jester:

IMO flowmasters are over rated and sound like a hollow can

I agree and the sad thing is I have them. They were already on the truck when I bought it. When I get my turbos on Im switching to Dynomax Bullets.

I personally have true dual racing series magnaflows / no cats and yes they are gawd aweful loud but thats how i like it. You could get a magnaflow and it sound mean but conservative. A lot of guys are running corsa sport or touring and they hold a nice quiet tone at cruising speed but when you mash on it it will definately turn heads and they sound one of a kind. Slowmasters rob low end torque not a big fan unless you go a super 44 they flow better

I've had dual Flowmasters, dual Borla XR-1s, and dual 22 inch Magnaflows on my 06 SS. The flowmasters sounded like shit and they droned like no other. Flat out the worst thing i've ever heard. The Borlas sounded great but they droned pretty bad. Nothing like the flowmasters, but bad enough that it got old. The 22 inch magnaflows sound by far better than anything thing that i've had. No drone, deep, loud when I want it to be. Go MAGNAFLOW or go home.

Kevin

I was in the same boat, I liked the way the stock muffler sounded but I wanted dual pipes that exited under the rear bumper (I'm an old fart, old habits are hard to break!) I ended up going with the Flo-Pro 2504, little louder than stock, duel in/dual out, no in-cab resonance (no drone).

Edited by Rays B4U (see edit history)