Warranty About To Expire. What Should I Have Replaced.....

Champion201

Like the title states my warranty is about to expire and I was wondering what should I have the dealer look at or replace? The truck is running great and things seem to be fine but is there anything that is common to go out on our trucks that will be covered by the 3/36 warranty.

Thanks everyone!

Mike

Yeah, I would definately have your steering shaft done. And if your heater/ac isn't blowing hot/cold, make sure they take a look at that. Common problems with trucks like ours (resistors and or heater core). Window regulators are common also.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

for sure the sterring clunk!

BTW i would purchase extended warranty if your still within the 3yrs/36000miles that what i did 1 day befoe my factory warranty ended i got an extra 3yrs and 24k for about 1100 bucks i went with the long term and short mileage cuz i really average about 5000-6000 a year on this truck...

I looked into the extended warranty before mine ran up and found that it wasn't worth the paper it was writen on.

yeah most extended warranties are a rip off, the only reason I got one is cause I was working at the dealership so I could say anything was broken and nobody could question me. I got about $4000 worth of crap before I stopped working there, and I havent used it at all since then. Im about to cancel it cause if I went anywhere now they wouldnt cover anything anyway with all the mods ive dont to my truck.

the dealer usually won't just change parts at your request. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. but if your steering should develop a clunk... you could get the updated steering shaft...

I know, but if the part is acting up my dealer will take care of me, one of the perks to living in a small town.

The steering shaft has already been replaced.

Yeah, I would definately have your steering shaft done. And if your heater/ac isn't blowing hot/cold, make sure they take a look at that. Common problems with trucks like ours (resistors and or heater core). Window regulators are common also.

My cooler is not blowing the coldest air, I’ll have to get that checked.

BTW i would purchase extended warranty if your still within the 3yrs/36000miles that what i did 1 day befoe my factory warranty ended i got an extra 3yrs and 24k for about 1100 bucks i went with the long term and short mileage cuz i really average about 5000-6000 a year on this truck...

I might have to check into getting the extended warranty. My dealer offers the Toyota Gold extended warranty and it is actually very good, kinda expensive though.

My warranty just expired, take it from me.....GET THE REAR DIFF CHECKED/SERVICED!!! The G80 is an absolute piece of crap, mine is acting up again and I am just out of warranty.

Dan, I already replaced that weak POS with the Detroit Tru-Trac so I wont have any G80 issues.

If you have a sunroof on your truck you may want to look at the plastic arms the glass is mounted to. Mine were cracked on both sides...I know some others on here had similar problems. I took it in and they replaced the entire sunroof. Good luck

No sunroof.

Steering shaft, front brake rotors, front brake pads (not normally covered, but there were problems with the materials on the stock set), and check everything possible that may be leaking.

The front brake rotors were the biggest POS in the whole world, I think mine came warped from the factory and after 6 months, maybe more, is when I noticed that they were what was causing my slight wobble upon braking but it was too late, they would not cover them. I purchased a set of Brembo drilled/slotted Stock size replacement rotors then got my sponsorship from Baer so now I have a set of Brembo’s sitting in my spare room.

As far as leaks, cant currently find any.

Thanks for all the input guys! Anything else?

Well, vehicle warranties don't work that way "Champion". Your vehicle must exhibit a problem, then the "fix" is on so to speak. You don't just take the truck in at 35,900 miles and have it given a look over.

An actual GM Protection Plan is worth it's weight in GOLD!! :thumbs: Plus it is transferable or can be "cashed out" if you sell/trade-in the truck early (prorated of course). The GM Major Guard plan extends roadside assistance, covers towing, rental cars (if ur truck has to "spend the night" for dealer repairs or ordered parts).

It is the "other" warranty companies like Mastertech, Warranty Gold, etc that suck. Everything has to be called in for pre-approval, & believe me they try and cut corners and SAVE as much money as possible. It is a LONG drawn out battle 90% of the time. Sometimes these "other" warranty companies can ask to see paper proof of vehicle maintenance & even stop everything to send out an adjuster to see the damage(s) before they agree to authorize any repairs under their contract. Believe me, I learned ALL this from service writing experience!!! :uhoh:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Well, vehicle warranties don't work that way "Champion". Your vehicle must exhibit a problem, then the "fix" is on so to speak. You don't just take the truck in at 35,900 miles and have it given a look over.

Well "Bad Bowtie" if you read what I wrote,

"if the part is acting up my dealer will take care of me, one of the perks to living in a small town."

I said "acting up", hence the exhibited problem, which in turn my dealer will "fix" the problem.

Also, your statement "You don't just take the truck in at 35,900 miles and have it given a look over"

Sorry to tell you your wrong but because I live in a small town and have been doing buisness with the same dealer for quite along time as well as knowing the owner personally, I get special customer "Perks". One of which is I can take my vehicle in and they will go over it very carefully and fix anything that is acting up under the warranty. They did it last year for my 2004 Monte Carlo, hell, they replaced my battery on it at 35,900 miles and did it under the warranty and I thought batteries were normal wear and tear items. I have an appointment for them to do it on the VHO. I was just asking for things that I might want them to specifically look at because depending on which mechanic looks at it will dictate if he notices things or not.

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)