What Cam Should I Go With

i have a 03 sss and i have k&n cai tr6 plugs and msd wires (which i dont think the plugs and wires matter) and flow master muffler. i also have a shift kit on the way.

i was wondering what cam should i go with being its a daily driven city truck. im looking for somthing that will make a big differance in low end tq but not somthing i cant go on the high way and get 3mpg with. pls help me with brands lift info or model numbers. thanks

also what type of gains if known will i get 0-60, hp/tq, 1/4 mile or anything like that

id go with something along the lines of my cam. although you could go with one that has less lift and use ls6 springs(much cheaper than 918s). i drove mine for a while w/o a stall and had no problems. you will def. need a tune (zippy). also about your plugs, youll need to check with someone that knows more about them but i think the tr6s are for nitrous setups. i have tr55s in my truck. there is a good write up on ls1howto.com on the cam swap that lists everything youll need. good luck.

The main thing in looking for a cam is LSA (lobe seperation angle) That is the value that determins the lope sound at idle. If u want a like stock idle u want a LSA of around 118. Down at 114 and 112 has cam studder at idle and require a stall due to the raised idle to keep it running. I had a LPE GT2-3. 207 in. / 218 ex. 571/578 lift LSA 118.5. It idled smooth ad had good all round power. On the plugs a lot of LS engine owners use these. Great plug. TR6 are a heat range lower than stock. That allows the engine to run a little richer with the cooler plug.

Edited by js_silveradoSS (see edit history)

also would the gt2-3 cam work with nitrous or blown set ups because i would like something i could use later on

Yes the Lingenfelter GT2-3 is meant for FI setups as far as I know. The NGK TR-6 plugs are best suited for FI and NOS setups, the TR-55 is best for NA applications. :chevy:

What are your goals with the truck, future mods, current mods, and uses for the truck?

well im at some point i want to supercharge but im 19 and cash isnt free so the spray looks more like an option. but im looking to keep the truck pretty much streetable because i live in the city and im not looking for anything thats going to be to hard to go back to stock because of the strict emmisions where i live (d.c. area)