Waxing Question

When I wax my truck I keep getting a haze especially on the hood and now it has started all overt I am using a orbital buffer and I use the meguiars tech wax, and I have used the 3m performance finish wax same results from both. Any tips ??

When I wax my truck I keep getting a haze especially on the hood and now it has started all overt I am using a orbital buffer and I use the meguiars tech wax, and I have used the 3m performance finish wax same results from both. Any tips ??

Kind of a long process, but wash the truck again with dawn or some other dish soap. That will remove all the wax. You may have too much build up. After you wax let it set up. Especailly the Tech wax. Once you are done go over it again with a detail spray like Meguiars.

Yeah I use meguiars wash too I thought you are never supposed to wash a vehicle with dish soap. I typically do the whole truck applying the wax and then go back and remove it right away. I thought I was not letting it set up enough so I waited longer and it had the same results. The truck is cool and is in the shade so shouldnt be hot and last time i waxed it it was nighttime so there was no sun and I had not driven it. I apply it with a buffer so it should be pretty uniform and thin.

No do not use dish soap every time you wash your truck. All this will do is remove all the wax you have spent time putting on the truck.The use of dish soap was advised only because of the hazing problem. Use a quality car wash designed only for washing vehicles.

As far as waxing there is nothing wrong with waxing your truck every 3 to 6 months. Wax only last so long depending on the environment your truck is subjected too and the amount of washing you do. Applying a good quality wax by hand is fine, but using a DA polisher just makes it easier. I only use my DA for paint clean up. I always wax by hand and remove by hand. Try to use a quality foam pad for waxing. Stay away from the microfiber pads you see at Checker and AutoZone. They have a tendency to mar the paint. Meguiars has a nice foam pad to use for applying wax.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

If you are starting from scratch, It is best to use Dawn dish soap to strip all the old wax. The to get all the impurities off the paint you should use a Clay bar. After that there are a number of routes you can take. I use Menzerna twins, which work very well to hide the swirls. Then I use a Zaino car polish. Too be clear, I use this on my NBM 99 Camaro. I will be using the same thing on my SSS when I get the time. Hope this helps you out.

I wash with dawn then use a (Zaino)clay bar to get all the little particilles off that washing does not get off . after using the clay bar your paint should be smooth as glass .then i use Zaino polish with ZFX fast cure addative (apply by hand) and then apply Zaino detail spray . with the Zaino polish you can do multiple layers in one day.Zaino products are the best thing i have used and i am very picky when comes to my car/truck . i have used tons of different waxes over the years and nothing comes close to how good your paint looks and feels than Zaino . just my opinion but i would not use anything but Zaino ever again . chris

I personally wouldn't use a machine when applying a wax/sealant, it is too easy to over apply. Next time, apply the wax by hand.

:withstupid: Yup, Best results. Good to buff to take out minor blemishes.

So where do you get the zaino stuff from ??

:withstupid: