Truck Got Broken Into....

BlkSSnCpt

so i walk out to the truck this morning for work and when i get in and turn it on it sounded a bit too loud, i sit back in th eseat and look around but everything seems fine. give it a little gas and something just doesnt sound right so the first thing i thought was "F*CK!!! they stole my cats" but i quickly thought about it and it would be way to loud if that were the case. so i looked at my passenger side mirror and i can see my passenger door isnt shut all the way so i get out slowly checking everything out and i reach in to open the door from the inside becuase it looked lik there were some prints on the door and to my surprise the door was complete open. so since my dad leave about 10-15 mins before i do in the mornings i called and asked him if he saw anything suspiscious and he says that my moms Navigator was opened aswell but he turned it on and everything was in there (at a quick glance) so he just thought my mom had left it opened yesterday when she got home with some groceries. anyways nothing really big was taken just a couple small personal things from my center console and the little ashtray that was full of change and about $5 in singles, but the reason im actually really pissed off is that the alarm didnt make a sound granted it's the stock alarm but "NOT A SOUND" also the passanger door was completely open and my DIC didnt say anything when i turned on the truck and nothing was flash for the open door.

sorry for ranting guys im just pissed off and need to vent a little, i know nothing major was taken i already called the dealer about it and im gonna have them check the alarm on it and see if they can replace the little ash tray, i dont smoke but that thing was great for holding all my change.

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

That sucks. Good thing they were just some kids passing through or some crack heads. Someone who knew their cars/trucks would have had a field day with your SS. Happy to hear that it didn't result in too much of a loss. I installed a viper 7900 on my SS. The proximity sensor goes off throughout the day but I'd rather it beep every now and then than to have someone break into it, damage it, or worse.

Anyway, just glad your truck is ok....well, minus the ashtray.

WOW!! I'm sorry that happened to you, your truck, and your mom's SUV. But I have to ask, WHAT STOCK ALARM? :confused:

uh the stock system from the dealer(?) dont all our trucks come with a stock alarm???

That sucks. Good thing they were just some kids passing through or some crack heads. Someone who knew their cars/trucks would have had a field day with your SS. Happy to hear that it didn't result in too much of a loss. I installed a viper 7900 on my SS. The proximity sensor goes off throughout the day but I'd rather it beep every now and then than to have someone break into it, damage it, or worse.

Anyway, just glad your truck is ok....well, minus the ashtray.

yeah thats exactly wat i was thinking about, i had to have been a crackhead or something cuz they dint even touch the radio or the dash plus i have my subs in the back with a cd case on the back seat and that wasnt taken.im gonna go to the dealer and have them check the stock system then ask if they can replace my trick flip ash-tray( :P )

oh OneSlickSilvy i do consider myself lucky, i know it could have been WAY worst then it is i couldnt imagine going thru wat u went thru.

-Rob

damn that sux bro. u should get a aftermarket alarm asap. the factory ones dont do crap, and that was the first mod i did after i bought my truck. its a strange break in, hopefully they were there for the little stuff that they took, but i could also see them doing that to see how easy it was to break in, so they can come back later and jack ur system. i dunno thats jus my .02, if i were u id definetly look into a Viper or something.

I wish all the break ins i had were like that...LOL...Sorry to hear Rob, But it may really be time for a viper...and with how close your truck is parked to your room, you probably would of caught em

yeah i realize im lucky consider they didnt take anything important but im still really irritated by it, and yeah the truck was parked all the way at the end of my drive-way about 6 feet from my garage door dude, thats also wats getting to me. Viper this weekend i guess.

Sorry to hear about the break in. If I still have my ash tray, do you want it? You can have it for nothing.

hey JJ sure ill take, i dont smoke but i kinda liked that tray for some reason.

damn that sux bro. u should get a aftermarket alarm asap. the factory ones dont do crap, and that was the first mod i did after i bought my truck. its a strange break in, hopefully they were there for the little stuff that they took, but i could also see them doing that to see how easy it was to break in, so they can come back later and jack ur system. i dunno thats jus my .02, if i were u id definetly look into a Viper or something.

yeah i am, ill probably order it today and get it installed this weekend.

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

yeah thats a strange one , im surprised they didnt damage your door getting in.

i just think ok they didnt take anything so they must have been amateur's but then , they didnt damage the door or set of the alarm so they must have had a clue. id be worried about them coming back .

btw rob you can find the vipers online for really cheap i got my 1 mile sst for like 180 .

sorry to hear that Rob. didn't you just say something about how lucky you've been with that truck in Compton? glad to hear there was no damage. sounds like they knew their way around the locks but looks like what they were looking for, they got. either that or they took the small stuff to throw you off and were scoping out vehicles for a later hit. I'd ask your neighbors if they were hit too. especially the ones on your side of the street and most definitely anyone with a nice ride seeing that they hit not only your truck but your mom's Navi.

as for a stock alarm, mine only had the stock key fob that locked/unlocked the doors. no alarm.

How the hell did they get in??? My stock alarm only goes off if its locked and you press the unlock button inside then open the door. Are you sure you locked it the night before? I always make sure mines locked cause theres been kids going through my neighborhood stealing anything they can find out of unlocked cars... Good thing they didnt damage anything