Camaro Or Challenger

BigTsBadSS

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to go with the majority here also.....Camaro. Don't get me wrong I love the new Challenger. Always have. Almost pulled the trigger on one, but I think they are going to be all over the place like the Charger is now. You can't turn a corner without seeing a Charger. As others have stated the Camaro might hold it's value better, especially the SS or Z28.

Hey BigTsBadSS, where the heck have you been? Haven't seen you around in ages. It sure was a sad day when you sold the SS, do you ever see it around anywhere?

If I had to make up my mind now, I would go with the Challenger. All of the pics I've seen of the new Camaro I find ugly. Maybe I'll change my mind when I finally do get to see it in person, only time will tell on that.

Whats up bro. Na I never see the SS no more cause I sold it to some chick in California but I left the silveraoSS.com sticker on the back window. I wish I never sold it cause I always think about it

Edited by BigTsBadSS (see edit history)

camaro FTW because i saw the the challenger at the trak last nite and i was not impressed one bit... it was only runnin a 9.2 in the 1/8 and for that kinda money that they are worth i would nt be happy but like said earlier Camaro would be the way to go

Here is my choice for now. I have different stripes on each shide because we are using the car for making patterns for the Challenger Stripes we are selling.

T, Hit me up if you want to take a ride down to see it in person.

Black_SRT_71_Challenger3.jpg

Challenger_70RT_lower5.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

Thanks Auto. My friend has one so I got to drive it and I really liked the car my only problem is that it is a Dodge.

I'm a GM guy and it didn;t stop me. I think all manufacturers have their issues, and they did a pretty good job on the Challenger. No matter what brand you buy, you can get a good one or a lemon. Look at some of the issues with the SS. Not one brand is perfect and they all have their issues.

Forged or Blowned for less then 10K? I don't think so. I just finished a built blown, forged, stroker for my car and put it all together and did the install. And let me tell you, for a correct built motor, it will be more than 10K.

Not that I really want to get into a pissing match, but yes, you can buy a vortech for around $6k with all the trimmings with aftercooler, polished, upgrades, etc. Yes, you can buy a TVS1900 for far less than $10k. Yes, you can buy a procharger for around $5-6k with everything to get it running properly. And yes, you can buy a 402-408 with forged internals for a couple grand less than $10k and have it done right. Especially if the buyer does all the installation themselves. And yes you can uy a set of heads and matched cam to bolt on for less than $5k and even pay someone to install it and tune it and be short of $10k. I'm not talking about someone like 04chase who has $30-40k under his hood. I know you can spend that much. I'm talking about I guess what you would call the "metoo" people also, but so what? Yeah there are alot of people running around with a cammed LS1, but if all of them ran each other, some will be faster and some will be slower, just because of the cam selection or tuner, or whatever. It's still fun. I got my blower, headers, built transmission, converter, tuning, and exhaust for around $10k, maybe even a little less I think if I added it up to the nearest dollar. I dont see that happening for any mopar truck. Ask any mopar owner about their aftermarket and almost any of them will complain about the lack thereof or the limited choices. There are some tuners out there that have figured out what to do for them. And there are even a blower kit or two now, but it is nothing like the aftermarket following GM and Ford have, not even close.