Camaro Or Challenger

BigTsBadSS

If you had the option to buy ethier one what would you buy???? I really don't wanna turn my back on Chevy but that SRT8 is sooooo dam sweet. But I got time to think about it cause I ain't going to buy one till next spring.

Edited by BigTsBadSS (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both have great looks and will be plenty powerful enough from the showroom in their top trims. Its also a tough decision, but I will tell you that the camaro would also be my choice, but with a little more rationality behind it. The SRT8 is great, but almost all dodges dont hold any of their value long term like the top model camaro's and firebirds do (I still see 2002 Camaro SS and WS6 for sale for $20k when they only retailed for around $30k, thats 6yrs old. Is ee Charger SRT8's etc dropping almost 50% in value from just 2006). Also, the aftermarket would be my rationale as well. The 6.2L V8 will have tons of aftermarket support for cams, intakes, heads, superchargers, etc. There will be most likely more tuners to select from. And the LSx family of engines is just superior for gaining gobs of extra horse power and are mostly interchangable between GM models with similar engines. If you wanted to leave them stock, I would say toss a coin, but if you plan to mod, plan to buy chevy or lose at the track.

Both have great looks and will be plenty powerful enough from the showroom in their top trims. Its also a tough decision, but I will tell you that the camaro would also be my choice, but with a little more rationality behind it. The SRT8 is great, but almost all dodges dont hold any of their value long term like the top model camaro's and firebirds do (I still see 2002 Camaro SS and WS6 for sale for $20k when they only retailed for around $30k, thats 6yrs old. Is ee Charger SRT8's etc dropping almost 50% in value from just 2006). Also, the aftermarket would be my rationale as well. The 6.2L V8 will have tons of aftermarket support for cams, intakes, heads, superchargers, etc. There will be most likely more tuners to select from. And the LSx family of engines is just superior for gaining gobs of extra horse power and are mostly interchangable between GM models with similar engines. If you wanted to leave them stock, I would say toss a coin, but if you plan to mod, plan to buy chevy or lose at the track.

Looks like the Dodge boy's are getting a head start though :D

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennes...ActionReq=Where

Edited by SSleepingbeauty (see edit history)

Black03 you do make alot of good points whith all of the upgrades out for the chevys. But as far as the resale I don't think the challenger will se the same fate as the other dodges. But time will tell I wont make my desison till I get to se the new Camaro in person but I should have new better to ask a bunch of Chevy guys (I am one to :chevy: ) what they like better. It's funny cause if you go to a challenger fourm they say the same thing DODGE all the way. I just miss my SSS so bad that I cant wait to jump into some thing new.

Looks like the Dodge boy's are getting a head start though

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennes...ActionReq=Where

I'm not impressed with that. 600hp and a 11.9 slip? Sure theres more in it, but I think my point was missed :) Chevy already has a HUGE support network of aftermarket parts. The new 6.2L will have superchargers, long tube headers, heads, cams, bigger dispacement engines, all available a short time after production release. That turbo kit on that challenger says to call for price, being hennessey, its probably a $15-20k kit and will take him 12 months to put it on your car, if at all, and if you even get your original car back. He's had a lot of issues, I'm surprised hes still in business. Chevy owners will be able to dial up vortech, magnuson, procharger, or texas speed and grab a blower or forged engine for far less than $10k and throw a stick out the window to find a tuner around the corner who can tune it and run mid 11's or better. MOPAR's, sure, they can be made fast, but its more expensive and much more difficult than a GM, hands down.

I'm not impressed with that. 600hp and a 11.9 slip? Sure theres more in it, but I think my point was missed :) Chevy already has a HUGE support network of aftermarket parts. The new 6.2L will have superchargers, long tube headers, heads, cams, bigger dispacement engines, all available a short time after production release. That turbo kit on that challenger says to call for price, being hennessey, its probably a $15-20k kit and will take him 12 months to put it on your car, if at all, and if you even get your original car back. He's had a lot of issues, I'm surprised hes still in business. Chevy owners will be able to dial up vortech, magnuson, procharger, or texas speed and grab a blower or forged engine for far less than $10k and throw a stick out the window to find a tuner around the corner who can tune it and run mid 11's or better. MOPAR's, sure, they can be made fast, but its more expensive and much more difficult than a GM, hands down.

Forged or Blowned for less then 10K? I don't think so. I just finished a built blown, forged, stroker for my car and put it all together and did the install. And let me tell you, for a correct built motor, it will be more than 10K.

Yes the mass produced LS_ motors have plenty of aftermarket choices. Like the Ford Mustangs, I like to call them "metoo's" Because whenever someone say's they have this or that (Like a Mustang or LS_ motor) the other guy alway's comes back and say's me too. And the new Camaro will be no different. Before you know it, they will be seen sitting all over Used car lots, trailer parks sitting on jackstands and every other corner, Just like the Mustangs.

And for me personally, I like to be different and not blend in like every other average Joe. And this is coming from a hard core Chevy guy that bleeds chevy orange and has loved the Camaro since a little boy when my neighbor brought home a Brand new Blue 67 327 4 speed Camaro. Which he still owns to his day. Heck I even still have owned my Z28 for the past 28 years.

My point to this whole thread is that the Challenger is already out. And those guy's obviously have a head start on the new Camaro.

i really don't like the styling of either..i'm not biased against dodge or the challenger but i would just pick the camaro because i've been following it since it made it's debut as a concept a couple yrs back and i'm highly interested in what the SS version will be able to do