Another Trans Bites The Dust

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn dan WTF are u doing to the truck?

:withstupid:

Geeze Dan! At least it went out with a bang and not a slow painful death. I think FLT has a good special going on right now on a fully built unit however you will need to be down a few weeks until they build it.

I guess no Island?

:withstupid:

Geeze Dan! At least it went out with a bang and not a slow painful death. I think FLT has a good special going on right now on a fully built unit however you will need to be down a few weeks until they build it.

I guess no Island?

I know, I drive alot and I drive hard, I didn't buy this truck to drive it like grandma's Studebaker. Definitely no Island DW tonight. :( At least it popped last night instead of at the track tonight. :uhoh:

I am going to call Vince over at FLT, Rossler, Performabuilt, HPM, and others to see how long of a wait I have. I have to get my truck back on the road, it is my DD and only means of transportation. I am lucky enough to be able to borrow a van from my office for a few days. Not sure exactly what route I am gonna take yet.............

Jezus Christmas, Dan. I'm really sorry to hear this. I know that you don't baby the truck, but things shouldn't be flying apart on you like they are. I hope you get it back on the road real soon, better than ever! :chevy:

I agree about getting a spare and building one...I would look for a 4L70e...and rebuild the stocker and run the 70 till you can afford to build the stock one.

sorry about your luck...my truck is sitting there w/o a trans and transfercase as I type this and missing a track day too!

Sounds like it shifted nice and hard before that. I feel lucky to be able to warrenty mine and if not rebuild it myself. You've now broken a 14 bolt and a 65E. Not many with the 2wd's have broken much. Good job, I think...

I am going to call Vince over at FLT, Rossler, Performabuilt, HPM, and others to see how long of a wait I have. I have to get my truck back on the road, it is my DD and only means of transportation. I am lucky enough to be able to borrow a van from my office for a few days. Not sure exactly what route I am gonna take yet.............

Sorry about to hear about the bad news Dan... Hopefully it gets fixed before LVD...

Look at it this way... At least now you can be the guinea-pig for Rossler's Transbrake! If you decide to go with Rossler, that is (I would, BTJM).

sorry to hear that dan let me know whats up and what the problem was cause mine is 2wd. my rearend was making a clunking sound took it to a shop and found out the previous owner had a 65e installed. so this worried the hell out of me... best of luck..

sorry to hear that dan let me know whats up and what the problem was cause mine is 2wd. my rearend was making a clunking sound took it to a shop and found out the previous owner had a 65e installed. so this worried the hell out of me... best of luck..

The 65E is a stock trans in that truck.

A well built 65E will be fine at your power level. Hell, just fixing what's wrong with yours should be enough. Describe your current conditions a bit more..??

The 65E is a stock trans in that truck.

A well built 65E will be fine at your power level. Hell, just fixing what's wrong with yours should be enough.

This is good to know, that you can build up the stock trans to "hold up" a little bit.