Electrical Gremlins

04CHASE

i have been struggling with some issues lately , my biggest problem is using the vcm scanner i will get disconnected during a run and nto get a log of my run. so its not helping me get faster. my aeroforce guage will reset after i turn the truck on from being off for a while. it will reset the clock on the radio.

so does anyone have a pinout of the pcm? im thinking maybe a ground is bad somehwere. any ideas are appreciated as this is really pissing me off.

• 2 weeks later...

ok im trying to get this figured out im having issues staying connected to the hpt software and its in the truck . im trying to find out where each of the obd2 connectors go . any help is appreciated. i dont feel like ripping the harness apart quite yet.

ok im trying to get this figured out im having issues staying connected to the hpt software and its in the truck . im trying to find out where each of the obd2 connectors go . any help is appreciated. i dont feel like ripping the harness apart quite yet.

Have you checked the usb port on your laptop? I've got 1 port that never stayes connected. Just a though

What is VATS doing when you get disconnected? When you're KOEO does your VATS light stay on?

Sounds like a similar issue I had. I ended up swapping PCMs, the checksum in my old one was bad and I was not able to perform a VATS relearn.

Every time I tried to force a reflash to fix the checksum the VATS kicked on and reset the connections, re-arming the PCM in the process.