Help Buying Dvd Head Unit?

Hey guys, Ive been watching the forums for a while and can't find an exact answer using search so I figured I'd ask:

I have a 03 Silverado SS with factory 6 disk and Bose system. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

A dvd head unit that fits in the stock location with little to no modifications, works with the factory bose system, works with steering wheel controls (not sure if any do without the adaptors i see for sale), Is ready for an Ipod, also it must be able to play while driving (my last one in my car, I had to hook up a wire to ground to override the safety, I don't mind doing that again).

Also, I do not want to loose sound quality or output of the factory speakers.

Can anyone suggest a mid priced unit that will work for me? (under $600)

Eventually I will be hooking up an aftermarket amplifier to power two 12 inch subs.

Thanks alot guys

Hey guys, Ive been watching the forums for a while and can't find an exact answer using search so I figured I'd ask:

I have a 03 Silverado SS with factory 6 disk and Bose system. Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

A dvd head unit that fits in the stock location with little to no modifications, works with the factory bose system, works with steering wheel controls (not sure if any do without the adaptors i see for sale), Is ready for an Ipod, also it must be able to play while driving (my last one in my car, I had to hook up a wire to ground to override the safety, I don't mind doing that again).

Also, I do not want to loose sound quality or output of the factory speakers.

Can anyone suggest a mid priced unit that will work for me? (under $600)

Eventually I will be hooking up an aftermarket amplifier to power two 12 inch subs.

Thanks alot guys

Take a look at the Kenwood ddx512 it is not a full 7in screen but you can watch dvd while movin, i-pod with one cord add blutooth to it and steering wheel control with the adapter. You should be able to find it for 600 or so.

I got an Eclispe AVN 6600 head unit, does DVD/NAV/CD/MP3/Ipod, and the steering wheel controls work, and they had to ground a wire to bypass the safety.

The 6600 model, has a seperate map disk drive for the NAV, and the CD/DVD share one, with multiple monitors, you can have the NAV on the front, and DVD playing in the rear, if you want it that way.

That eclipse model is really nice, but $850 is a little more than I want to spend right nowand I dont need the navigation. I am leaning towards the Pioneer 4000 at this moment. I would like to know that if the steering wheel controls will work with this model. It seems I just have to buy an adaptor?

That eclipse model is really nice, but $850 is a little more than I want to spend right nowand I dont need the navigation. I am leaning towards the Pioneer 4000 at this moment. I would like to know that if the steering wheel controls will work with this model. It seems I just have to buy an adaptor?

i am working on a full integrated system using the stock equip.. peripheral has all the adaptors needed.. right now i have a mtx thunderforms box, siruis sat, ipod, using the factory deck, 6 disc version.. Fast4popper and i are working on using a Nav head unit and using the adaptors to convert it to a dvd player, external player of course. then will be upgrading the speakers. will have to post some pics of the box, not bad power and bass and keeping it all under stock.. a different project we are working on showcasing the intergration equipment available for Chris's shop..

I have decided on the pioneer 4000 series. The one question I have left is what wiring harness adapter I need, I have a Bose system, but I do NOT have XM or Onstar and honestly I am not worried about the factory chimes as they annoy me anyway. Is there a harness available that is hopefully cheaper than the one for XM and Onstar?

Thanks