Aftermarket Radio Install

I plan on installing a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD in my 04 ss and was wondering what all i need before i get started with the install.I have the bose factory six disc head unit know and i dont care about losing the steering wheel controls but i need to know what else will be needed to adapt to the trucks wiring harness i havn't been able to find anyone that has a step by step on how to for this truck.any help would be aprieciated.

Thats fine on the price but my local best buy doesn't have the harness and they say it's not in the computer so they cant order one.So my next question would be were to buy the best harness online at?

I am also interested in the same set up as you and cant find the harness or the install kit on ebay. I did find the antenna adapter and steering wheel control adaptor though.

the harness you need is the GMOS-04 that will keep the factory door chimes and itigrate it with the bose stero system. I got mine from crutchfield for $90 just make sure that when you are wiring up your radio that you keep any power wires away from the RCA spaeker hookup other wise you will have a whine while the truck is running, Good choice on the headunit got one love it. if you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

Check ebay for the GMOS-04. Bought one for 16 bucks, it's used but the guy sent me 2 incase 1 didn't work.

I heard that there is no need for a dash kit with a Double DIN, true or not?

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

i just put a clarion aftermarket deck in mine and its easier than an older truck i think, i have all the steering wheel controls but the onstar button and it works with all my chimes and onstar. The steering wheel control adapter and the truck adapter ran me about 135 from crutchfield but i also bought my head unit from crutchfield at the same time so they discounted the adapters. theier customer service is very helpful with the steering wheel control adapter programming! Now for some reason my rear speakers arent working and i have verified its not hte headunit or the adapter, they dont work wheni put the factory head unit back in so i guess i'm looking at the bose amp... anyone got any ideas for that one???

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I just installed the same pioneer headunit and I'm having the same issue that Mike'sSS was having...

Did you ever resolve this?

My rear speakers are not working at all...

checked wiring and rca's - everything seems to be fine..

HELP!!

I know this is an old topic but I just installed the same pioneer headunit and I'm having the same issue that Mike'sSS was having...

Did you ever resolve this?

My rear speakers are not working at all...

checked wiring and rca's - everything seems to be fine..

HELP!!

unfortunately i havent resolved it yet, i am thinking its going to be something with the bose amp tho. if i hook the rear outputs to the front inputs on the harness it plays through the front speakers , cant get anythig to come out of the rear speakers and crutchfield even sent me the new adapter in case that was bad but that didnt do it either, i really doubt the wiring has a problem since cables dont "break" that often and the only thing left to test is the bose amp. I even tried putting the factory head unit back in and that didnt change, still no rear speakers. I have kinda learned to live with it for now but i would love to hear the solution if someone else figures it out. the bose amps are about $100 on ebay just been putting my money elsewhere lately.

unfortunately i havent resolved it yet, i am thinking its going to be something with the bose amp tho. if i hook the rear outputs to the front inputs on the harness it plays through the front speakers , cant get anythig to come out of the rear speakers and crutchfield even sent me the new adapter in case that was bad but that didnt do it either, i really doubt the wiring has a problem since cables dont "break" that often and the only thing left to test is the bose amp. I even tried putting the factory head unit back in and that didnt change, still no rear speakers. I have kinda learned to live with it for now but i would love to hear the solution if someone else figures it out. the bose amps are about $100 on ebay just been putting my money elsewhere lately.

I'm glad I'm not alone but this is driving me crazy. That makes no sense that you switched it back and there was no change - I know for certain my stock system was working fine before I installed the new hu...including the amp and the rear speakers.

It must be something that the harness doesnt wire into correctly or something. I was thinking about wiring around the rca's but this just shouldn't be like this...

• 1 month later...

have you guys tried taking the speakers out and hooking them up to another truck to make sure its not the speakers or hooked up another speaker to your rear door wiring to see if they play? just a thought but i went through the same thing and found outit was my speakers, not the amp. they had no noise to them at all, not even a buzz or hum. just a thought