Gm/chrysler Merger?

BOB47

It would be the best thing for the auto industry at this time. If Chrysler doesnt merge with someone soon, they will go before Ford does. Everyone thinks Ford is going to go under. Ford will not go under. The Ford family has enough cash reserves to keep Ford afloat for a decade if need be with proper cut backs.

The sharing of technology would be great as would be the design. Imagine had Chryslers designers (influenced by daimler designers of course) got ahold of the G8 and not let it get the hideous pontiac snout? LOL. perhaps it still would have. Either way, I think overall financially and from a market share perspective, it would be the best thing for GM and Chrysler employees. It would make GM the number one car maker again, by a large margin, not just a razor thin lead trading back and forth with Toyota depending on which quarter you look at. GM's stock might be low right now, but its because of the simple supply demand issue. Too many investors got cold feet and bailed out of the stock (this happened to most stocks this week and for good reasons). As a result, the stock plummeted. GM's stock is not worth $5/share. GM's net worth on paper is at least worth $15/share on paper. Chrysler is privately owned right now, so it will be interesting to see what the deal is and how much GM pays out (any merger will involve GM taking over Chrysler, not much of a merger, similar to the Daimler takeover last go around). I would suggest watching it closely and if terms look favorable, one might want to consider throwing some money at the stock and make some good cash WHEN the stock heads back over $10/share.

idk about that. if gm keeps the gm look plus dont go cheap and make the interior look like the cheap plastic crap that chrysler does. i cant say for sure what i think yet still baffled