A.S.P. Underdrive pulleys?

Need to know...the guys who have the A.S.P. underdrive pulleys on our SS's, does this affect the functioning of our AC compressor. I have heard a few stories about how after the swap some folks only get a full AC charge under throttle. Reportedly, stoplights and intersections in heavy traffic can sometimes get uncomfortable with the reduced AC output. I have heard these stories on other smaller engines, not our 6.0. Just wondering if somebody could chime in with a definite opinion if this condition exists/is noticable on our trucks...

Thanks!

Need to know...the guys who have the A.S.P. underdrive pulleys on our SS's, does this affect the functioning of our AC compressor. I have heard a few stories about how after the swap some folks only get a full AC charge under throttle. Reportedly, stoplights and intersections in heavy traffic can sometimes get uncomfortable with the reduced AC output. I have heard these stories on other smaller engines, not our 6.0. Just wondering if somebody could chime in with a definite opinion if this condition exists/is noticable on our trucks...

Thanks!

No issues here. I have 'em and love 'em. I keep it COLD in the truck.

No problems with pulley to report, except how difficult it is to remove the crank bolt when installing - :eek::crazy: .

I think several guys with the ASP pulley also have electric fans. This is probably helping with the issue novanet is concerned about. The e-fans help keep the engine running cooler, and also help keep the A/C coils cooler in hot weather. So, even though I'm spinning my A/C compressor a little slower (from the pulley), the cooler engine temps and constant electric fans (when A/C is on) make up for it.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
was it worth the trouble??? :thumbs:

superman,

I hope so, I know it pulls pretty good but as soon as the track opens and the rain stops I hope to be at mid 14's. If I am there then I would say it is worth the trouble.

Charlie,

You wish..lol :devil::smash::seeya:

Bill-03-SD

If it wasnt going to rain all weekend, we would be going to the New England Dragway and seeing what a lightly moded SS will do against a heavily modified Denali. I guess it will just have to wait till next weekend, huh Bill?

Why wait Charlie, I am sure we can find a nice road to test them on.

Granted the track will give you all the numbers we want but a little street race every now and then is fun. :jester:

And I am not heavily modified by any means, I have a ways to go still :smash:

So stop making excuses why I am going woop your A$$.. :lol:

Bring it..... :thumbs:

Bill-03-SD

Archived