Chrome Ss Badges

OK, so i have contacted a machinist about getting some SS badges made up out of either aluminum or some other lightweight metal. he does CNCing as well as can get them chromed for us, (or left raw, or powdercoated) I have given him a new badge to work off of but before he starts here is what i am asking.

Who is interested? I know price matters and i can ONLY GUESS that they wont be cheep, but they wont be junk either. i asked him to give me a ball park figure to what he thought in just making 6 sets (enough for 2 trucks) and his ballpark was 100-120 per set. so 300-360 for a truck. this will drop with more people interested as the artwork is what costs the most. I am not looking to make money, i just want my badges chrome and i have made some call about chroming the factory badges and it would cost me 50 per badge plus the price of a badge from GM (msrp 62$) so the price isnt that far off.

I am not asking for commitment, just a gauge of interest. as for the coloring, he can leave them raw, outsource the chrome plating, or i can get them raw from him and get them powdercoated here locally.

if it dont happen as a bigger buy, then so be it. i will more than likely still get mine done.

-C-

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of thin chrome ones on the truck now, but would love to get a set at OEM thickness. it would all depend on $$$ and when. I don't think I could swing anything like that until late spring at the earliest.

• 1 month later...