Blue Sss 1/4

palletyard

Thats pretty damn goofy for sure. Has anybody else experienced or seen anything like this?

yeah i was at the track a month ago and saw a red ss do the same he had a 6.0 w/ a turbo. at the time i just figured he didn't know how to drive or he had that much power!? idk???

That is not intentional. My truck does the same thing all of the time when I launch it. It has to do with our crappy front suspension/ the geometry and the tie rod angle/end, and how the motor applies torque to the front axle. In short, him having a grip has nothing to do with it.

What happens is that when the truck squats and lifts the front, it changes the steering geometry pulling the wheels inward, when this happens and because we don't have an lsd or locker in the front diff, one wheel gets all of the power, and therefor pulls the truck in what ever direction its pointing, (keeping the streering wheel straigh does nothing) the driver then counters this action by turning the steering wheel slightly in the opposite direction (here it might have been to much and therefore the exesive action, mine has never done it this bad) Once this happens the load and traction goes to the opposite wheel and for a short while you get the side to side action going untill the steering geometry equalizes.

big power dmaxes that launch on 4x4 run into this also.