WHAT IF PCM TUNE SCREWS UP TRUCK

evandostert

Trust me, if anyone would have had a problem, then you would be able to find that info here. As much as the owners put hit or miss info about mods gone well, most will post if there are problems.

I didn't exactly understand your thread, but I think I get what your question is.

Conduct a search of PCM. You'll get about 100 return results, but you will see that as far as custom programs go, you don't have much to worry about.

If you are using a custom tune then you are probably getting a PCM to replace your factory one. If it doesn't start or you have problems, put the original one back in.

Now if you are using a handheld, then you would probably have to put the factory program back or call the manufacturer.

I just put a new PCM from Westers in and it took about 3 minutes to install and fired right up, no problems.

I have the same mods as you (except the new engine :D ) and the new custom tune really woke up my truck!

I would highly reccomend it. :thumbs:

It won't be over written when you take it back to the dealership for service. They shouldn't be able to see it's been reprogrammed. Now, they might know it runs a little better than stock but they would have to prove it. I don't know of anyone that has dyno numbers due to the AWD but I felt a big difference and so has everyone that's had theirs redone.

My recommendation is to call a few of the people offering reprogrammed PCMs and talk to them. Here's 3 that I can think of off hand:

Lyndon Wester - Wester's Performance

Allen - Nelson Performance

Bryan - PCMForLess

I can't speak for Bryan because I've never talked to him but Lyndon or Allen are more than happy to answer any of your questions and tell you what they will be doing for the new program.

Has anyone got any dyno numbers. Feeling power is not dyno numbers.

bryan from pcm for less posted dyno numbers a while back. you said you've been changing your engine, what have you changed it to? also when you changed the exhaust didn't you change the muffler with it?

I had a brief problem with the 04 learning the new box (as you stated), had to change the box a few times until he got it right. Bryan was right there and a great help through the whole thing. It was worth the little trouble I had.

It won't be over written when you take it back to the dealership for service. They shouldn't be able to see it's been reprogrammed. Now, they might know it runs a little better than stock but they would have to prove it. I don't know of anyone that has dyno numbers due to the AWD but I felt a big difference and so has everyone that's had theirs redone.

My recommendation is to call a few of the people offering reprogrammed PCMs and talk to them. Here's 3 that I can think of off hand:

Lyndon Wester - Wester's Performance

Allen - Nelson Performance

Bryan - PCMForLess

I can't speak for Bryan because I've never talked to him but Lyndon or Allen are more than happy to answer any of your questions and tell you what they will be doing for the new program.

That's not what people have been saying in this thread...

Silverado SS PCM Discussion

Archived