Zippy Road Trip

OK-so plans as of right now:

We're leaving our house in Michigan 1st thing Saturday morning.

Meeting up in Urbandale, Iowa on Saturday 11-2 around noon for a few tunes...

From there we're heading to Cheyenne, Wyoming and meeting up there around noon on

Sunday 11-2.

Then we're headed down to Denver, Colorado and West to Las Vegas by Monday some time.

And all this riding in Mike's regular cab truck :help: ...alone in a truck with him for a 30 hour drive!!!!!!!!! :question:

will be meeting you guys at Chris's in Urbandale on Sat.. need Zip to look over my tune he put in and see if there are any changes needed or if its doing anything goofy.. plus helping Chris and I get mine set up on his computer so, i can be able to email my tune to Zip or most of all have a hard copy on Chris's HPtuner, in case the local chevy dealer zaps mine.. scares the hell out of me...

Edited by SSPOSSE (see edit history)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be taken to extreme-but we're pretty much planning to spend the majority of the day there....so we'll have alot of time for that stuff.

okie dokie, iam sure we will be doing some grilling.. bringing the pineapple brats !! Chris will be so proud he has a service door on his garage !! lolol so you guys Sat.. i will be doing the REDBULL Mamba with Zip. since i will be up from working the night before.. will be a good time.. pre welcome you guys to the Corn State, gas is about 1.99 to 2.25 for premium.. so fill up.. lolol

I bought him a 24 pack of Red Bull yesterday :cheers: Im thinking I'll need another one before the weekends over though...

How much is E85 out there?

It's highway robbery here- over $3.60 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way cheaper here, try to get you a update later... um yes on the Red Bull shortage.. have not seen that Redbull cola yet around here..

Seriously it's not that bad. I have done that drive and worse by myself in the VHO and in my old slammed sonoma.

Hell I drove from vegas to mid ohio one year when I was workin out there. Sema roadtrips is how I ended up living in vegas.

just be careful in Iowa.... they have corn.

Red Bull Cola is only sold at Speedway. I bought 2 for Mike last week.....theres still almost 2 left. It tastes like mouthwash but if you wanna try one we have 1 left, Mike refuses to drink it!

deal, i will try the mouthwash !!! is that a dare ?? lolol glad you guys are stopping thru.. good times !!!

Seriously it's not that bad. I have done that drive and worse by myself in the VHO and in my old slammed sonoma.

Hell I drove from vegas to mid ohio one year when I was workin out there. Sema roadtrips is how I ended up living in vegas.

just be careful in Iowa.... they have corn.

CHILDREN OF THE CORN !!! Halloween weekend.. Frank you have time machine !! lol dont lie Chris told me !!..dorothy i dont think this is Kansas No More !!!!

deal, i will try the mouthwash !!! is that a dare ?? lolol glad you guys are stopping thru.. good times !!!

I have a can left, I'll bring it. :puke: I'm all excited for the trip. I'll probably run E85 only once I get out of Michigan. Thankfully all three of my vehicles are flex fuel. The Silverado and Tahoe run on E85 or gas and the S10 runs on oil and some gas. LOL

good times in Iowa! Zippy was a busy man thats for sure! he made my truck much more drivable in the city in helping me with the stall and the tranz tunes, as well as pulling a solid 14 to 15lbs of boost on the highway! I was impressed!

he tweaked my brothers car (junker WS-6) and got it MUCH more drivable. he is TOTALLY happy Zippy! (he knows it needs more tho)

a buddy Casey had his 08 silverado tweeked and went from 13 mpg to 18.1 mpg on his way home which is 40 miles each way!

it was a long stop here but it felt good to get an in person tune with a knowledgable person driving my SS to feel what it does and how it drives.

Thanks ZIPPY!! enjoy your trip!