The Girlfriend.

garagemethods

for all of you who have girlfriends...

i've usually been crossed with a "we never do anything fun"

and her idea of fun isn't going to the track, working on the truck, or racing. or shows.

so does anyone on here have a good idea of fun things for the weekends that don't include performance or looks on a truck?

Just go on a small weekend getaway ... drive slow, and stop anywhere she wants too ... All the little mom and pop places. Spend one or two nights ... and enjoy your time together ... Just a simple plan, and fill in the blanks as you go ...

Just go on a small weekend getaway ... drive slow, and stop anywhere she wants too ... All the little mom and pop places. Spend one or two nights ... and enjoy your time together ... Just a simple plan, and fill in the blanks as you go ...

yup i agree 100% she went to stitches' LVD weekend with me (it helps that she loves the truck, the track, and the sss guys) and were going where she wants in dec (back to AZ) everyones happy... we might do some white mountains thing too the hampton inn has a weekend romance package :D:D ohh yeeeaaaa

RUN RUN RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

:jester: just b/s do like they said take a drive out and stop every where. Wife and I do that at least once a year. wife doesn't mind car shows that much as long as I take her to lunch or dinner after worth. Good luck.

Well, next Friday, taking mine out to a state park (Hocking Hills/Old Man's Cave). We get to walk around, and just do nothing all day, but I get to drive the SS a good bit, and some roads I never been on, and get to use the NAV again.

But, we both love to just go out for drives, though, she won't drive. Been trying to get her to drive the SS, and she won't. Though, the SS is how we met, she still won't drive it.

Simple little stuff like bowling, putt putt when its warm out, or a trip to a popular big local mall with nice stores and restaurants. My fiance tells me she has fun with me all the time and hopes it wont change when we get married. We'll see. I just hope she doesnt change when we get married. She stands there holding the flashlight or wrenches when I work on my truck. Shes going hunting with me next weekend. Also, the trips make the big difference also. My fiance hasnt traveled much so a weekend getaway up north is great to her. Stopping at the chain outlet malls and such. She loves sports more than me so baseball, hockey, basketball, and football tickets are a good surprise for her. All I have to do is call her up and tell her I have tickets to a game and she is jumping all over the place.

The important thing is that no matter what we do, I'm actually having fun with her too and am just glad to be with her. I've been with chicks where it felt like I was only doing it to appease them and I was miserable. Guess thats one of the many reasons they are an ex.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I think the weekend getway & the day spa for 2 are both great ideals. My wife likes to go to a muesum every once and a while (not art thank god) or even take a Saturday just to drive around town and visit the antique stores. It is a little boring to me at times, but every once in a while I also see something interesting in thoses places too. :rolleyes: Plus I know the bonus points I'm racking up with the Mrs. are multiplied ten-fold!! :cheers: Heck, I just have fun driving the truck around from place to place, stop to stop......