vr stack

I ordered the vr stack from t-byrne. How does it stay in. I guess i will see it when i get it. I have some dyno time booked with friends on sat i am going to install it and test it as well with my volant. Then it is cam time or some rollers 1.8?? ANY ONE TRIED THIS ??

Curious as to what the VR stack does. I know what they claim.

Save your money on the rockers. Just get the cam with the desired lift instead of cam and rockers. Much cheaper that way.

If it's the plactic cup that goes in the throttle body, a guy at the Dallas tune said he bought it and was a waste of money. Just something to think about. Personally I would get some port and polishing cones and give that a try.

Let us know either way.

From past experience it seems anything that is too good to be true usually is too good to be true. I wish I could come up with a cheap gimmick at low cost to produce, and make a quick fortune at it. There are tons of these thing on the market that make no difference with the ass dyno. Save your money and put it towards real parts to get real gains. Thats my $0.02.

yes screwed.... i paid $50 for the thing and ended up selling it on e-bay for $20 after it lost me 3 mpg cause it kept getting dislodged in the TB.

The stupid clip that holds it in place is CRAP.... the only way to even make sure it's on right is to pull the fan shroud and slide the air intake arm stright on... if you don't do this the thing rotates around inside the TB or even falls out.... that's all you need is a metal clip getting sucked into the TB or a big piece of plastic turning sideways and blocking all your air flow.

A much better deisgn would be for it to have a sleve that goes around the outside of the TB.. that way it wouldn't silde off and it would be a much better fit.... this thing looks like it was cut out of a mold in some kids basement... all the edges are jagged and rough. Smooth air flow hu?

Just my thoughs... put the $50 into the S/C jar and wait.

Archived