Tbss Intake

nicolaswaldron

First off, what is the difference, if any one knows, the difference between ls1,ls2, and ls3 corvette intake manifolds? Also, i read that an ls1 will fit a 6.0 silvy, so is that what the corvette and tbss have or are they two different manifolds? And is this a mod worth the time and money? and if it is, which one, if they are different is a better idea?

Edited by justone33 (see edit history)

First off, what is the difference, if any one knows, the difference between ls1,ls2, and ls3 corvette intake manifolds? Also, i read that an ls1 will fit a 6.0 silvy, so is that what the corvette and tbss have or are they two different manifolds? And is this a mod worth the time and money? and if it is, which one, if they are different is a better idea?

LS1, LS6, LS2 have the same basic dimensions and would bolt to your heads. LS6 outflows LS1, I think the LS2 is pretty much the same as LS6, flow wise. Your 6.0L intake flows almost identical to the LS6 so none of those would be worth it. Another problem with these is they are pretty short and you have to use a car waterpump. Its not the easiest swap to do. TBSS is a tall LS2 intake, but only slightly different from the 6.0L intake. Minimal gains.

LS3 intake is a short intake that will only work with the L92 heads. L92 intake is a tall version of the LS3 for trucks.

Edited by Jeff B (see edit history)

Thanks thats awesome to know. I think im gonna do tbss upgrade if thats what u wanna call it. I was also wondering what tranny the tbss has. Is there any difference between them and if they are different, which one is better? I wanna do a corvette servo and a shift kit. After my turbo kit and the tranny upgrades, the whp and the hp at the transfercase might be too much so i might need and upgrade and was wondering if a tbss tranny was any better? Thanks yall for your info.

• 2 weeks later...
LS1, LS6, LS2 have the same basic dimensions and would bolt to your heads. LS6 outflows LS1, I think the LS2 is pretty much the same as LS6, flow wise. Your 6.0L intake flows almost identical to the LS6 so none of those would be worth it. Another problem with these is they are pretty short and you have to use a car waterpump. Its not the easiest swap to do. TBSS is a tall LS2 intake, but only slightly different from the 6.0L intake. Minimal gains.

LS3 intake is a short intake that will only work with the L92 heads. L92 intake is a tall version of the LS3 for trucks.

but it will take a 90mm tb wont it? so it would be some decent gain...

but it will take a 90mm tb wont it? so it would be some decent gain...

mean05 did a how to on the TBSS manifold swap, its pretty cool thread you should check it out. yes although the TBSS has a 90mm TB it has a lip in the front and the rear of the TB that causes turbulance in the air flow that passes tghrough it

i found it to be a worth while gain...i picked up the intake for cheap...you can see the difference in the 6.0 intake and the tbss intake in my thread...between that and PnP 317 heads i picked up 57rwhp...i cant say what the heads did or what the intake did because i did them at the same time

i found it to be a worth while gain...i picked up the intake for cheap...you can see the difference in the 6.0 intake and the tbss intake in my thread...between that and PnP 317 heads i picked up 57rwhp...i cant say what the heads did or what the intake did because i did them at the same time

hey virgil what type of dyno were you on? do you have a graph showing where you gained the power? that a nice hop up in power bro, BTW good luck on yor new beast build up :cheers:

hey virgil what type of dyno were you on? do you have a graph showing where you gained the power? that a nice hop up in power bro, BTW good luck on yor new beast build up :cheers:

In ground dynojet both times and no i didnt have them printed i only cared about what it made on the spray i have those charts lmao...but the first dyno made 330 and the next made 387

and thanks :chevy: