New Best For The Ss's

04CHASE

thought i took # 1 but it looks like t.j. did.

on saturday i took the truck to run with decent weather, temp was about 78 with no wind and a slight cloud cover however the d/a was still about 3000 feet. so not the best but better than we get usually

started out running boost 16 psi only and ran a

60 ft : 1.70

1/8 e.t.: 7.47

1.8mph:93.19

1/4 e.t. :11.72

1/4 mph:114.58

then ran a nitrous pass which pushed some coolant , 16 psi + 125 shot

60 ft : 1.72

1/8 e.t.: 7.18

1.8mph: 98.94

1/4 e.t. : 11.19

1/4 mph:121.16

then today i took the camaro out for fun since the weather was also decent with a slight rain At 72 f out only new mods were an ud pulley and learned how to hook , with et mt street radials on the stock 17's 275/40/17 @ 13 psi and launching at 4000 rpms on the stock 10 bolt with 4.10 gm gears :chevy:

from a best of 13.2 @ 108 to

60 ft : 1.90

1/8 e.t.: 8.34

1.8mph:85.57

1/4 e.t. :12.87

1/4 mph:109

keep in mind this car is almost all stock with the exception on ud pulley, lt headers , cat back and a intake and tuned.

12 second daily drivers kick ass.

ill have video of the 11.19 pass soon .

just got word that art also set a new best for him , ill let him post up on his results.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

sweet times Chase, wish i hadnt have bitched out. woke up too late on sat and it rained on and of all day sat so i figured they had cancelled it.

just read the other thread on that 11.01 pass, sucks man i was hoping the record would've stayed on the West Coast damn next time i hope..

-Rob

Congrats Chase on the new times.

Since I am completely stock and plan to stay that way, it really is interesting and entertaining to see these results. Just like Justin said, we got a race for the 10s going on. Then maybe in 1 or 2 years we can have a 9 second SS. :chevy: I just wish I had enough money to buy a 2nd SS and completely go for the record. I cant believe its 78 F out in cali, its 39 F in MA and my truck is responsive as a rattlesnake strike compared to the summer temps. Congrats again Chase, hit those 10s!!!

God, you guys are making me sooooo envious! Nice work for sure...looks like boost and a 370 is the ticket :P So you said you pushed a little coolant? :uhoh: I hope out the overflow and not due to a head gasket????

That F-bod is screaming as well. You got me there....my beater runs a 19.0 @ 68 :jester: