High Mileage Silverado Ss Reliability

costabilo

maintenance is a must keep it up and no problems

Agreed, Ill be checking the truck out and making sure it was kept up before I make an offer. If it was well maintained and people are in the mid 100's with few or no issues it would be great to have around, miss my Silverado SS haha.

Agreed, Ill be checking the truck out and making sure it was kept up before I make an offer. If it was well maintained and people are in the mid 100's with few or no issues it would be great to have around, miss my Silverado SS haha.

i completly understand that. have it checked out by a mechanic if possible and do a carfax. my dad did a carfax type of check for me but its for gm dealers to see if the vehicle has had any problems ect.. like carfax. i took mine to another local dealer and had it checked out for free by the selling dealer. hope this helped some.

my work truck is a silvy with 150k. i dont see much difference in the main overall build of them. i would say keep up general maintenance, nothing major that i have encountered. we replaced, evap canister, steering shaft, 1 trans "tow pig" , pulleys, belts, wheel bearings, and thats about it other than general maint. stuff, like fluids, tires, brakes. all depends on the previous owner.

I have about 110k miles. I do oil changes every 4k miles with mobil one synthetic. The engine is running strong, like when I bought it. The only parts I had to replace were the stock cats and rear rotors. I also had a ruitine service check at 100k, we just did some general maintence and replaced the spark plugs. I must say my paint is in better condition that most 2008 black vehicles on the road. People just don't know how to take care of black paint.

I love this truck and have no intentions on selling it anytime soon.

If the price is right for a 150k truck, than go for it.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)