Ss Buy-back Letter

F1SSS

I have been getting letters from my dealership for the whole time they have been in business (they bought out my old dealership around 1.5 years ago). And at least every 2nd month I can count on a letter asking they have a customer who would like to purchase my truck due to its miles or they want to buy the truck back due to high demand of this pickup edition (SS). Does anyone else recieve these letters from their dealership? It is not a letter offering savings for trade-in or if I buy a new or pre-owned vehicle (I recieve those letters also). It states "your silverado ss is wanted for x reason(s)....."

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

Bought her in 8-2005 with 33,332 and now have 64, 00x now. I have only reached 4000rpms once and baby her like an old woman (no offense to them, I take care of my grandmother). Completely factory stock, service as always, mobil 1 @ or before 2000miles (it still comes out red). I know some employees wanted to buy it from me they always made some serious comments. I love my truck though and AWD is a must for me. I would look into an 05 AWD loaded (digital heat controls, moonroof) or an arrival blue color 03 (which would be harder to find).

I found that this is a common sales tactic with our local Lithia Chevrolet. Their salesmen & women go through the service department records to pull stats on vehicles. I made a big stink about it after the 4th attempt of them trying to get me to sell my truck.

You don't want them to. Its a sales ploy/tactic to drive traffic into the showroom to have a chance to do a trade in and sell another vehicle. They car enothing about your SS or miles on the vehicle. Such a tragedy that human beings resort to such tactics to make a buck. But unfortunately, it works. They will send the same letter to the 80yr old little widowed woman with a paid for cobalt and try t sucker her into a higher payment vehicle. I have almost no faith in sales people and what they tell me anymore in any industry. I myself am still in sales, but I am unwilling to lie to a client to get their business so I am sure my commissions suffer a little bit. I could make twice as much money if I was willing to lie and swindle.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)