Finally Got My Headers, Short Of Hardware?

Big Tim

There it is. I finally got the headers I ordered JULY 24, 2008, it is now November 4.

I ordered the Dynatech lt's with cat package from Jet-hot, who said they would take 3 weeks to ship from the manufacturer to their plant. Plus 1 week for coating, I should have had them in August. Around mid-August, I called Jet-hot to check my order status and they told me that the headers had not arrived. They said they couldn't get in contact with Dynatech, and were looking for another supplier. I mentioned tByrne, which after 2-3 more weeks of back and forth calls is who they used. Four weeks later, the day I was going to call to cancel my order, they called first to notify me they were FINALLY at the plant to coat. The headers finally arrived tonight. The headers are nice looking, but didn't come with any screws, gaskets, or hardware of any kind. My question is: am I supposed to get o2 sensor wire extensions, and header bolts, collector bolts, header gaskets, and collector gaskets ? Am I missing anything? I have seen mentions of the necessity of the extensions, but did the headers come with these?? I just want to know what I need to ask for when I call VERY ANGRILY tomorrow for the hardware. Thanks

Absolutely call them tomorrow......all hardware necessary for installation should be included with the kit; bolts, clamps, gaskets, etc. Make sure you checked through all of the packing inside the boxes. FYI, they only give you one 02 extension for a rear 02 sensor in the kit.

The exact same thing happened to me. I was missing the blister pack with the gaskets and bolts. I had to call DynaTech and have them send a replacement set, which they did free of charge.

I also had mine Jet Hot coated, which makes me wonder if Jet Hot is not putting the hardware back in when they re-package the coated headers.

Is Tbyrne back in business?

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

I ordered mine through Tbyrne before he closed up shop. Tbyrne sent them to Jet Hot, then Jet Hot sent them to me.

I am glad to here he is back because I still want that Borla dual exhaust kit for the SS from him.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)