Throttle Body, Coolant Bypass

Les Hall

Same here, never had any problems on the denali or trans am. Its worth it IMO and shouldn't cost you over $1 to do it.

this mod is FREE.....disconnect the hose from the left side of the TB, disconnect and discard the hose from the right side of the TB, then connect the hose that you took off the left side of the TB and connect it directly where the other hose used to be....thant simple :cool:

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone my service advisor has this to his truck. he did it about two years ago and we had temps as low as - 11 this winter he had no problems you just have to wait longer for the heater to work as you have no intake heater, no problems im gonna do it tonite ill try to do a HOW TO .

I must have a weird TB. I did 2 years ago, and when the temps got below 20* it would try stalling out when coming to a stop, and idled terrible. Disconnected and ran it normal and had no problems after. I tried it again about a month ago. Bypassed the TB, and the next day when it was around 20* again it did it again. I had no problem leading up to that point, and temps were in the -'s a few weeks before that. So I ran it like stock again and no prob since.

So in my experiment, it does have an effect on the winter performance, and proper operation of the throttle body.

I must have a weird TB. I did 2 years ago, and when the temps got below 20* it would try stalling out when coming to a stop, and idled terrible. Disconnected and ran it normal and had no problems after. I tried it again about a month ago. Bypassed the TB, and the next day when it was around 20* again it did it again. I had no problem leading up to that point, and temps were in the -'s a few weeks before that. So I ran it like stock again and no prob since.

So in my experiment, it does have an effect on the winter performance, and proper operation of the throttle body.

I am sure that you can take care of these issues in your tune... You have EFILive, go and play with the idle air flow tables, that should help out.

I tweaked them in the summer after I did my cam. I have a turbo kit being made, so I will have alot more tuning to do on it when I get it on. My laptop for tuning got a virus lastnight somehow, and i'm in the process of getting that taken care of and backing up my files to a external hard drive. I will send you the file to see if you think it's ok when I get the laptop fixed.