Fs: Audio Accessories

smoke03

The PAC interface enables you to put an aftermarket stereo into your SSS. I have a Kenwood single din cd player with remote that Ill throw in with the interface for an extra 20 bucks for whoever buys it

Will it retain steering wheel controls? What exactly does it do? I still need a wire harness kit and dash kit so I'm curious what exactly this does and why I would need it. I'm looking to put a nav deck in so I'm just starting to research on what all I will need to do this since every vehicle is different.

Edited by Jer (see edit history)

Will it retain steering wheel controls? What exactly does it do? I still need a wire harness kit and dash kit so I'm curious what exactly this does and why I would need it. I'm looking to put a nav deck in so I'm just starting to research on what all I will need to do this since every vehicle is different.

This is the wire harness you will need to put in a aftermarket cd player or in your case the nav deck. You will have to buy a different adapter for the steering wheels though. What year/model truck do you have?

This is the wire harness you will need to put in a aftermarket cd player or in your case the nav deck. You will have to buy a different adapter for the steering wheels though. What year/model truck do you have?

2004 Silverado SS.

You keep saying I need this but what exactly does it do?

my bad bro. You cant just pull your factory radio out and put the new one in. The factory radio has 2 plugs that plug into this interface and then the radio wiring harness ( that comes with the radio) connects to the other end of it. Its the wiring harness that adapts the new radio to the factory truck wiring harness

Its an adapter. You cant put a new cd player in without having a wiring harness adapter which is what this is.. This device does NOT retain the door chimes. You plug it into the factory wiring harness and then wire it to the new deck. IF you dont have this you cant hook up a nav deck to the factory harness. No you do not need to retain the factory deck in the truck anywhere. You just wire this to the NEW CD PLAYER HARNESS and then plug it into the factory truck harness.